Madeleine McCann case: prosecutors are convinced who the killer is

The prosecutors in the Madeleine McCann case have no body or DNA, but they are 100% sure who killed her. They assure that there is other evidence, beyond his remains, that is conclusive. For investigators, the jailed rapist Christian Brueckner is guilty and could be sentenced next year.

“We are sure we have the man who took her and killed her.”German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said in dialogue with The Mirror.

As revealed, the entire investigative team is convinced of the guilt of this 44-year-old man, but since Brueckner is already in jail for other crimes, they are taking “all the time necessary” to gather as much evidence as possible before present them in court.

Wolters was blunt: “Now we can accuse. Now we have those tests. We are 100% convinced that he killed her ”.

“But it’s not just about charging you, we want to charge you with the best possible body of evidence. We still have questions, so it would be nonsense to accuse rather than wait for answers that could strengthen our position, “he explained.

“That is why we have said that we will investigate as long as there are clues or information that we can follow. I am not saying that what we have now is insufficient. But he’s in jail, so we don’t have this pressure. We have time on our hands, ”he insisted.

Addressing Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry McCann, he said: “We are sure we have the man who took and killed your daughter. All I can do is ask for your patience. I personally believe that a conclusion will be reached next year. We don’t have the body or the DNA, but we have other evidence. Based on the evidence we have, there is no other conclusion. “

Little “Maddie”, whose image went around the world, disappeared from her room on May 3, 2007 in Praia da Luz, where she was on vacation with her family.

His disappearance, shortly before his fourth birthday, on May 12, triggered an extraordinary investigation and international media coverage. But no trace of the girl has ever been found, despite Brueckner’s identification as the main suspect last year in Germany.

At the time, detectives investigated whether the convicted rapist had transferred Madeleine to Germany from Praia da Luz.

The evidence being investigated includes a “confession that Brueckner made to a friend and a telephone analysis showing that he was at the Ocean Club when the girl disappeared. “They are circumstantial evidence, we do not have scientific evidence. If we had a video of the event or a photo of Madeleine dead with Brueckner on camera, we would not have had to make a public appeal, “explained the prosecutor.

Brueckner, a multi-recidivist German pedophile who has already been convicted of rape in Portugal and is currently in custody in connection with another case, was identified last year as the prime suspect in Maddie’s abduction.

The suspect was living in a van near Praia da Luz when Madeleine disappeared. British and German police first learned of him as a suspect in 2017, but did not make it public until last June. Investigators claim that key witnesses in Germany and Portugal link him to the case.

Wolters dismissed as “rubbish” a recent report that the investigation will end by Christmas, but said Brueckner is likely to be indicted early next year for other alleged crimes in Portugal. These include the rape of an Irish woman in the Algarve in 2004 and two incidents in which she allegedly exhibited herself to young people.

When asked if he was satisfied with the pace of the Madeleine investigation, Wolters said: “It could have gone better. Of course, but the case is moving forward.

Source: Infobae

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

Leave a Reply