Olivier Rousteing shared on social networks that he had suffered severe burns after an accident at his home. Balmain’s creative director was the victim of a fireplace explosion. The designer confessed that he hid what happened because of the “shame” that he felt, but that he was now prepared to reveal what had happened and the hard process of recovery he had gone through.
This Saturday, the 9th, Olivier Rousteing decided to tell the world what had happened to him: that he had suffered a serious domestic accident a year ago, when the fireplace exploded. The designer was then rescued at the Saint Louis Hospital in Paris, where he says he was treated amazingly, despite the hospital unit dealing with the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
“I tried my best to hide this story from as many people as possible and I tried to keep the secret with my teams and my friends for a long time. To be honest, I don’t know why I was so embarrassed, perhaps because of this obsession with the perfection fashion is known for and my own insecurities.”, wrote in the publication. “I really realized that the power of social media is to reveal only what we want to show! It allows us to create our own special narrative that avoids what we don’t want to see or show: this is our new world. Now, a year later — healed, happy and healthy, I realize how blessed I truly am and I thank God daily for my life“, wrote yet.