The World Cycling Championships are in the country and so we get an hour of cycling in our podcast De Tribune with Jonas Heyerick of cycling magazine Bahamontes and ex-goalkeeper and avid cyclist Wim De Coninck. Wout and Remco’s silver and bronze medals are considered and weighed and the right strategies for the road race are presented on a silver platter.
In this episode you will hear…
- That Wim De Coninck and Jonas Heyerick once battled each other at the World Cycling Championships for the press (and that Jonas won silver in the time trial);
- That Vormer may no longer have a place in Club Brugge’s strongest team;
- That Rebellin suffered a similar injury at the age of 50 in the Memorial Pantani as Marco Pantani 26 years ago;
- Why a more chauvinistic time trial course wouldn’t necessarily have yielded gold;
- How the lack of wind played against Evenepoel in the time trial;
- That Belgium should not necessarily win the road race with Van Aert, but should win;
- And why KAA Gent should remain locally anchored through its ties to the city.
Download the podcast of De Tribune