With the launch of iOS 15 yesterday, Apple opens one of its key services: FaceTime. With this new version, we can have a video call FaceTime with any Android or Windows device. Of course, we must start it on an Apple device, although we do not go ahead and see all the details.
Create a FaceTime call for Android or Windows
During the last WWDC 2021, Apple showed this function to the public that has just landed with the update. The company also assured that all FaceTime calls are encrypted end to end. Including those made with devices from other companies.
To have a FaceTime call with Android or Windows, just follow these steps:
- Open the FaceTime app from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- Click on create link, you will see that some options are displayed.
- Where it says FaceTime Link, you can change the name.
- From here, you have the usual options to share the link with Android or Windows: copy, AirDrop, Messages, email, etc.
From here, just press the name of the call from the FaceTime app itself to join it. And the rest of the summoned people only have to follow the steps.
How to join a FaceTime call from Android or Windows
Once an Android or Windows user has received the link, all they have to do is click on it. According to Apple, it is necessary to have the latest version of Chrome or Edge browsers, as well as H.264 video support. Make sure you meet these requirements before entering the call and following these steps:
- Open the link to the FaceTime call, it will open in your default browser.
- Before entering the call, it is necessary that you put your name. Choose one that the person who invited you knows you with.
- By clicking on Continue, you will enter a “waiting room”.
- The person who invited you must give you permission to access the call.
And ready. With these measures, you make sure that only the people you want access the call. Remember that FaceTime supports a maximum of 32 users per call, so you’ll have room to spare. You can also link to the FaceTime call from the Calendar app. This way, everyone who is invited to the event will know when and how to connect to it.