The Buenos Aires government evaluates changing the protocol in schools

The Government of the City of Buenos Aires evaluates modify the sanitary protocol for schools and make preventive insulation requirements more flexible to avoid “punctured bubbles “. As indicated by the Buenos Aires Ministry of Education, in August there was a 97 percent increase in preventive isolations in schools, something that the teaching unions had already been warning since the City returned to full presence: “More than 15 thousand boys and girls had to be isolated“These are the numbers that UTE – Ctera handles for a survey also carried out during August. Meanwhile, from Ademys they advanced to this newspaper that they will oppose “a relaxation of the protocols”, since “the case of the ORT School is an alert”.

Is in full discussion“spokesmen for the Education portfolio confirmed to this newspaper when asked about the possibility that the City would once again modify the protocols used in the classroom.” We were having many punctured bubbles for cases that were later confirmed to be negative. Cases dropped, but preventive isolations rose a lot, we are looking to do something with that, “they said from the Ministry, although they indicated that the modifications are not yet defined.

Among the possibilities on the table, It is studied that isolation occurs only when the student presents two symptoms compatible with covid – 19 – so far it has been done with a symptom – or that only that student is isolated until the swab is done. While from City they insisted that “for now there is nothing defined“Ademys general secretary, Mariana Scayola, told this newspaper that, if any of these modifications is confirmed,” we will oppose a relaxation of the protocols, the case of the ORT School is an alert in that sense. We do not agree with the removal of care measures. “

With the drop in infections throughout the country, Buenos Aires schools registered a decrease in covid cases – 19. According to the numbers that the Ministry manages, between June 15 and July 15, before the winter break, 2,537 positives were detected in schools, while in August there were 1,836 infections, one 28 percent reduction. But this improvement is not consistent with the number of courses that had to be isolated: in the last month there were 97 percent more suspected cases than in June – July, cases that later turned out negative. In this way, it went from 2,679 to 5,267 isolated bubbles.

More than 15 thousand boys and girls from the City’s schools had to be isolated in their homes and, in many cases, be subjected to swabs, “reported UTE after a survey carried out from August 17 to the end of that month. The teachers’ union then claimed”safety materials, carbon dioxide meters, vaccination for minors and, fundamentally, respect for the social distancing recommended by all specialists to maintain a responsible presence “.

The new protocol would maintain a specific section to contemplate cases positives of the Delta variant, how it happened in the ORT school, where of the 61 infected students, three presented this variant. The current protocol establishes that “all close contacts, cohabiting or non-cohabiting, of probable or confirmed cases of the Delta variant must make quarantine for 14 days from the last contact with the case, regardless of their immunization status ”. In the case of having a negative swab after the 10th day of isolation, students can return to school.

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

Leave a Reply