From 8 to 10 September in the capital of the Republic of Tatarstan, the IX International Sports Forum “Russia – a country of sports” was held.
The forum was organized by the Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation and the government of the Republic of Tatarstan. In 2021, the forum was attended by more than 2.5 thousand guests from all regions of the country, as well as heads of international sports federations – for example, President of the International Swimming Federation Hussein Al-Musallam, President of the International Handball Federation Hassan Mustafa and President of the International Ice Hockey Federation Rene Fasel.
The traditional event dedicated to the discussion of issues of the present and future of our sport, as always, turned out to be very eventful. As part of the business program of the forum, meetings, thematic round tables and discussions were held, and in two huge pavilions of the Kazan Expo center there was an exhibition covering a variety of sports phenomena – from exotic national sports, so far known only to a small circle of enthusiastic people, to large sports events that will take place in Russia in the near future.
The central platform of the international form “Russia is a country of sports” was the stand of the federal project “Sport – the norm of life” of the Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation. During the forum, there were presentations of a number of sports projects aimed at the development of mass sports, agreements were also concluded here in cooperation and interaction between sports federations, sports organizations and regions of Russia.
The main event at the “Sport is the norm of life” stand was the grand opening of sixteen new sports facilities at once in thirteen constituent entities of the Russian Federation.
The ceremony took place in the format of a teleconference that temporarily connected Moscow, Kazan and the regions. Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Chernyshenko connected to the ceremony from the capital via video link, in Kazan, Minister of Sports Oleg Matytsin, Aide to the President of the Russian Federation Igor Levitin and President of the Republic of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov took part in the opening directly at the forum, and governors and ministers of sports from the regions got in touch. that opened brand new infrastructure facilities.
It is important that all 16 facilities were built within the framework of the federal project “Sport is the Norm of Life”.
The main task of the project is to attract 70% of Russian residents to regular sports activities by 2030. To achieve this result, a lot of work is being done in several directions at once. And the construction of new facilities and, in a broader sense, improvement of the sports infrastructure in Russia as a whole is one of the areas of responsibility of the “Sport is the norm of life” project. After all, the more comfortable and modern sports facilities, the more people will be able to play sports within walking distance from their homes.
“It is very important that within the framework of the forum we are opening objects that have been built within the framework of the federal project“ Sport is the norm of life ”. I am absolutely sure that this project is in great demand, we see the smiles of children, I am sure that it will successfully enable us to implement the tasks set by the President of the Russian Federation, which are defined in the strategy until 2030, ”said the Minister of Sports of the Russian Federation Oleg Matytsin during the ceremony.
All sports facilities that are open within the framework of the forum are a vivid proof that the project “Sport is the norm of life” is working, and thanks to this, Russian mass sports are developing. And the sport of high achievements too – after all, in the new conditions, a greater number of pupils of sports schools will be able to successfully train, which will certainly give a noticeable result in the near future.
Among the objects opened by the guests of honor of the stand of the federal project “Sport is the norm of life” at the forum “Russia is a country of sports” included:
– a swimming pool in Izhevsk;
– physical culture and sports complex in the village of Krasnye Tkachi, Yaroslavl region;
– sports and recreation center in the village of Sukhobuzimsky, Krasnoyarsk Territory;
– an indoor sports ground in the Kuraginsky district of the Krasnoyarsk Territory;
– Regional sports training center for shooting sports “Berezino” in the village of the same name in the Tver region;
– FOK in artistic gymnastics in Voronezh;
– Palace of Sports with a skating rink and a swimming pool in Kaluga;
– training center for training in wrestling in Vladikavkaz;
– Sports and recreation center with a universal gaming hall in the village of Adyge-Khabl of the Karachay-Cherkess Republic;
– the administrative and sports complex of the SDYUSSHOR for alpine skiing in Kirovsk, Murmansk region;
– sports and recreation complex in the city of Shikhany, Saratov region;
– an open-type sports and recreation center in the Saratov region;
– an open-type sports and recreation center in the city of Argun, Chechen Republic;
– a sports complex in Kaliningrad – with an Olympic-class swimming pool and gyms for “dry swimming”, fencing, shooting and fitness. By the way, Sergey Fesikov, an ambassador of the “Sport is the norm of life” project, took part in the opening of this sports complex. The Olympic medalist gave a master class to local young athletes.
Dmitry Chernyshenko wished everyone to actively use the swimming pools, gyms and fitness rooms and ice rinks built as part of the Sport is the Norm of Life project, and said how many such facilities will be built in the near future:
“By the end of the year, almost 70 sports facilities will be commissioned. Next year there are plans to commission more than 110 sports and recreation complexes. I congratulate the residents of the country on the implementation of such projects! ”, Dmitry Chernyshenko said via video link.
New sports facilities were also opened in Tatarstan – the republic was replenished with a universal sports hall in Kukmor and FOKOT in Kazan.
“Our goal is to have modern sports facilities available to the population in all settlements of Tatarstan. Within the framework of the federal project “Sport is the norm of life”, 12 sports facilities have already been built in the republic. We hope that the implementation of this project will continue, ”stressed the President of the Republic of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov.
The implementation of the project will definitely be continued throughout the country, so that sports really become a norm of life.