Origin and tips for treatment
Sagging skin is a natural phenomenon in the aging process. But there are prevention options and tips for treatment.
Sagging skin: natural causes
The stability and firmness of our skin is crucial Collagen and elastin influenced. Together with the hyaluronic acid (water-storing molecule), these fibers ensure smooth skin.
However, the following side effects occur with the natural aging process:
- the Production of hyaluronic acid and lipids decreases with age. These two factors contribute significantly to the urgently needed moisture in the skin and plump it up.
- The Number of fibers in collagen and elastin. These ensure an appealing density of the skin structure.
- Even Changes in hormone levels Menopause can affect tissues and blood circulation.
Sagging skin: external causes
- Sun: The exposure of our skin to UV radiation not only endangers our health, it also causes us to age faster. The UV rays can cause the fibers to break down, so that the skin loses its elasticity and stability. The structure of collagen is damaged by oxidative stress.
- Nourishment: A balanced diet is essential for our body to prevent diseases and to supply the skin with all the important vitamins and minerals. If you suffer from an established vitamin deficiency, the nutritional supplement of, for example Vitamin C make an important contribution to skin care.
- Alcohol and Tobacco: Tobacco promotes the spread of free radicals and can also worsen blood circulation. Alcohol inhibits the absorption of nutrients in the skin and can also inhibit the supply of antioxidants.
- Sleep: Our skin regenerates during sleep. The best tips on creams, nutrition and the like are of no use if you continuously give your skin too little room to relax. Did you know that you are with something lavender oil fall asleep more relaxed on the pillow? In general, a good sense of well-being and a not too stressful everyday life contribute to a positive complexion.
Recognize sagging skin
Symptoms of sagging skin can be a Loss of shine, emerging wrinkles and decreasing elasticity be. The loss of volume partially affects the overall structure and shape of the entire face. One often speaks of sunken corners of the mouth and a loss of facial contours.
Sagging skin: tips for skin care
It often seems that Anti-Aging Products only become an issue for older women. But already from the middle of 20 is a special one Anti-Aging care to recommend. Because with the right facial care you can Loss of tension in the skinwhich occurs slowly in women around 40. But what exactly does careful skin care look like?
Who on Make-up you should pay attention to nourishing ingredients. Anti-Age-Make-up Produkte are for example with Hyaluron enriched and moisturized the skin during application.
The use of one should never be missing nourishing face cream with Anti aging ingredients and ideally with integrated sun protection. Even in winter you should always use a day cream with sun protection, as our skin also reacts to light exposure to the sun. Hyaluronic acid is extremely effective as a skin care ingredient, as it promotes cell regeneration and binds an incredible amount of water.
With a high quality face oil can you also use the Skin elasticity support financially. This becomes gradually drier, especially with age, and can be enriched with oils. This can help minimize sagging skin and age wrinkles.
With a Eye serum you provide the particularly vulnerable region refreshment under the eyes, which acts against a weakening tension force. With long-term use, you can support the fatty tissue and thus strengthen the skin.
Apropos Serum: Ideally, you can use the most highly concentrated of all beauty products in your care routine in the evening integrate. Apply a firming serum right before applying a gentle night cream after you’ve thoroughly cleansed your face. You can read everything about the anti-aging wonder weapon, the retinol serum, here.
Sagging skin: beauty treatments
- Thermowellen: This procedure is a high-frequency technique that heats the deep layers of collagen in the skin. This boosts the production of collagen.
- Ultrasonic: During the treatment with ultrasound, the skin is lifted and tightened so that the tissue becomes more stable again.
Sagging Skin: Surgical Treatments
- Filler: Injections create volume replenishment, at least in the short term, and deliver quick results. They are mainly used in the area of the cheeks, lips and temples. Injections with hyaluronic acid also help against wrinkles.
- Implants: Implants provide long-term results and are placed just under the skin to add volume. Nowadays fillers and lipotransfers are more popular because the regeneration time is significantly shorter.
- Lipotransfer: With fat transfer, fat is taken from one region of the body and used elsewhere. This procedure is very popular, especially when filling up the cheek volume. This can lead to swelling on the skin. However, the process sometimes lasts for over a year.
Loose skin on your neck, legs, or arms
Even if sagging skin is most noticeable on the face, you shouldn’t make the mistake of neglecting other areas of the body from care. Because of their genetic makeup, women are unfortunately at a disadvantage when it comes to tight tissue.
But with the proper care (especially oils and hydrators) and Strength training you declare war on the connective tissue. If you consistently train and build up your muscles, your skin hardly has a chance to relax.
Tip: At Facetheory you get with the Code 2030 for an order value of 30 euros or more, a full 20 percent discount. Because instead of single-use plastic and animal testing, Facetheory prefers rich discounts and recyclable packaging.
An often neglected area of skin is the neck. Here, sagging skin often shows up in ring-shaped lines. The skin on the neck contains only a few sebum glands and should be protected from UV rays with effective sunscreen, especially in summer. There are also special creams for the neckwhich has additional ingredients, especially for women with sensitive skin.
Yellow teeth? You can find out everything about teeth whitening here. You will also get tips on what to do about thin skin. And here you can find out how you can get smoother skin with microdermabrasion.
If you would like to exchange tips on facial care with others, take a look at our BRIGITTE community.