Lima, September 15, 2021Updated on 09/15/2021 02:44 am
September 16 is one of the most important dates in Mexico: the Independence Day, which commemorates the autonomy of the ‘Aztec’ country of Spain, whose movement began in 1810. This is celebrated with various events and activities that have evolved over the years. In addition, this day is declared a holiday.
LOOK | La Casa de Papel 5: Messi, Neymar and Cristiano present in the final
This Thursday, September 16, is a mandatory day of rest, this is how the Federal Labor Law dictates. For this reason, the Ministry of Public Education (SEP) will suspend face-to-face and online classes.
The independence of Mexico was the consequence of a political and social process resolved with arms, which put an end to Spanish rule in most of the territories of New Spain and began the First Mexican Empire.
LOOK HERE: “The paper house”: why is the Netflix series narrated by Tokyo?
The loss of this possession was of decisive importance for the monarchy. Mexican income represented ninety percent of total American wealth at the end of the colonial period.
As a tribute to the homeland, many times the meals are made in such a way that they emulate the colors of the flag: green, white and red. It is normal to play with the color of the sauces to recreate the flag in the enchiladas, the chiles en nogada or the tortillas.
- Thursday, September 16: Mexican Independence Day
- Monday 1 and Tuesday 2 November: Day of the Dead
- Monday, November 15: Commemoration of the Day of the Mexican Revolution
- Thursday, January 6: Three Kings Day
- Monday, February 7: Constitution Day
- Monday, March 21: Birth of Benito Juárez
- Thursday May 5: Commemoration of the Battle of Puebla
Sessions of the School Technical Council (CTE)
- Friday October 29
- Friday, November 26
- Friday January 28
- Friday February 25
- Friday March 25
- Friday April 29
- Friday May 27
- Friday June 24
- Winter will be from December 20 to 31, 2021
- Easter will be from April 11 to 22, 2022
- Summer will be from July 29, 2022 until the 2022-2023 school calendar is published