Formula 1: bitter news for the fans! This dream does not come true
German fans of the formula 1 have to be very strong now.
In all likelihood there will be no race in Germany in 2022 either. That confirmed formula 1-Boss Stefano Domenicali.
Formula 1: No return to Germany in 2022
There will be no race in Germany in 2021 and the German fans will have to do without a home GP in the coming year. Neither Hockenheim nor the Nürburgring return to the calendar.
For the last time, Formula 1 was a guest in Germany in 2020, but at that time the Nürburgring only stepped in as a replacement for races that were canceled due to corona.
The Formula 1 racing calendar 2021
- March 28 – Bahrain (Sakhir) – Winner: Lewis Hamilton
- April 18 – Italy (Imola) * – Winner: Max Verstappen
- 02. Mai – Portimao (Portugal) – Sieger: Lewis Hamilton
- May 09 – Spain (Barcelona) * – Winner: Lewis Hamilton
- May 23rd – Monaco – Winner: Max Verstappen
- June 6th – Azerbaijan (Baku) – Winner: Sergio Perez
- June 20 – France (Le Castellet) – Winner: Max Verstappen
- June 27th – Styria (Spielberg) – Winner: Max Verstappen
- July 4th – Austria (Spielberg) – Winner: Max Verstappen
- July 18 – Great Britain (Silverstone) – Winner: Lewis Hamilton
- August 01 – Hungary (Budapest) – Winner: Esteban Ocon
- August 29 – Belgium (Spa) – Winner: Max Verstappen
- September 5th – Netherlands (Zandvoort) – Winner: Max Verstappen
- September 12 – Italy (Monza) * – Winner: Daniel Ricciardo
- September 26 – Russia (Sochi)
- October 10 – Turkey (Istanbul)
- October 24 – USA (Austin)
- November 07 – Mexico (Mexico City)
- November 14 – Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- November 21st – open
- December 05 – Saudi Arabia (Jeddah) *
- December 12th – Abu Dhabi
* Races are also broadcast on RTL
“I have the feeling that the organizers don’t really dare to host a Grand Prix,” said F1 boss Stefano Domenicali to “Sport Bild”. With Mick Schumacher, Sebastian Vettel and the German racing team Mercedes, Germany has all the reasons for a GP.
The 56-year-old does not believe in a great financial risk for German organizers. “Just look at Holland, Zandvoort is sold out for the next three years,” said Domenicali. The race in Miami (new in the calendar from 2022) will sell out quickly, according to the F1 boss.
Even more news about the formula 1:
Formula 1: Crazy Italian GP turns into a nightmare – Vettel served: “What a shame”
Sebastian Vettel set a strong signal – he would not have expected that
Formula 1: After a life-threatening crash – Hamilton raises serious allegations against Verstappen
Formula 1 soon in Africa?
A calendar with 23 races is planned again for the coming year. “I can imagine about a third of the races in Europe, the others around the world,” said Domenicali.
The season opener takes place again in Bahrain. The fans can also expect one or two surprises in the racing calendar. A Grand Prix in Africa is possible and a return to South Korea.
This circuit now had to painfully experience that a Formula 1 race is not necessarily worthwhile!