One of the eight accused of the femicide of Araceli Fulles, the young woman who was found murdered in José León Suarez in 2017, He was arrested this Tuesday for entering the courtroom with a sharp element of the San Martín courts where the trial takes place, which began this Monday. This is the second defendant who will not be able to participate in the debate in freedom: the first was arrested this Sunday, when he went to vote at PASO, after having allegedly threatened Araceli’s mother.
The defendant who was arrested this Tuesday morning is Hugo Cabañas. According to judicial sources, the man was arrested after the personnel in charge of security in the San Martín courts found him “a cutting element” among his clothing at the time of entering the second hearing of the oral trial.
This is the second episode related to the entry of weapons to the trial, since this Monday, during the first hearing, a man who apparently suffers from psychiatric problems and has no relation to the cause was arrested when trying to access the premises with an ax with which, he said, he wanted to “cut off his hand or one of the fingers ”to the accused.
Threats before trial
The first intimidating episode surrounding this debate took place weeks ago, when – according to the accusations – the accused Carlos Casalz He intimidated a witness and intimidated Araceli’s mother, for which he was imprisoned this Sunday when he was going to vote at a school in Villa Ballester.
“They sent me this chat at four in the morning. It’s a video of this guy walking with a machine gun. I don’t know who sent it to me, but I took a screenshot of what they sent me, and I reported it to the prosecutor, “confirmed Mónica Ferreyra, mother of the murdered young woman.
“The one who was arrested yesterday (for Sunday) is the one who really murders Araceli, together with the other defendants. He was the one who screwed the seal around her neck to end up killing her,” he said this Monday, after the first day of the debate, Ricardo Fulles, father of Araceli.
In addition to Casalz and Cabañas, the only detainees in the case, there are accused Hernán Rodrigo Badaracco, Carlos Antonio Ibarra, Marcelo Escobedo, Daniel Alaniz and the brothers Jonathan and Emanuel Ávalos. The eight defendants are charged with the crime of “homicide aggravated by femicide and by the participation of two or more people”, which provides for the penalty of life imprisonment.
The femicide trial is carried out before the Oral Criminal Court (TOC) 3 of San Martín, made up of judges Martín Klobovs, Carolina Martínez and Aníbal Bellagio, while the prosecutor in charge of the debate is Mariana Piwarczu. Throughout the process, which is expected to last until October 7, between 150 and 300 witnesses will appear.
Araceli Fulles, 22, was found dead on April 27 under some rubble in the courtyard of the home of Darío Badaracco (31), located at Alfonsina Storni 4477, in José León Suárez, San Martín district.
The young woman had been seen alive for the last time at dawn on April 2, 2017, in a square near her home, and the last contact with her family was at 7 in the morning of that day, when she sent her a message. to his mother saying: “Old woman, prepare things for the mate that I am going home.”
Araceli never appeared and her body was found 25 days later after the intervention of dogs belonging to the Punta Alta Volunteer Firefighters. The autopsy determined that the young woman died of “mechanical asphyxia” due to “strangulation with a loop” with an element compatible with plastic seals.
Before the arrest of Casalz y Cabañas, the only one detained in the case was Darío Badaracco (31), brother of the accused Hernán Rodrigo, but he died on April 13, 2019 after being hospitalized for five days in a hospital in the city of Olavarría. , after being beaten and burned with hot water by two cellmates in the Sierra Chica prison.