Duisburg: Storm chaos in the city – streets are flooded
Duisburg. Heavy rain in Duisburg! The heavy rains on Wednesday morning cause flooding here.
In Duisburg-Hochheide, the heavy rain caused several incidents on the Bruchstrasse. Drivers watch out!
Duisburg: floods of water cause chaos on the streets
In the Hochheide district, several manhole covers were pushed up by the floods. They are now on the road and affect the traffic. The warning comes from a local resident on Facebook.
This is the city of Duisburg:
- earliest written record in the year 883
- fifth largest city in North Rhine-Westphalia, consists of seven city districts
- has around 498,686 inhabitants (as of December 2019)
- Duisburg port is considered the largest inland port in the world
- almost a third of the pig iron produced in Germany comes from the eight Duisburg blast furnaces
- Sights include: Landscape Park Duisburg-Nord, Tiger & Turtle – Magic Mountain, Sechs-Seen-Platte
- Lord Mayor is Sören Link (SPD)
On the Bruchstraße in the direction of Venator am Essenberg, the manhole covers should be on the road. This is said to have already led to tire damage in several cars.
More news about Duisburg:
The Duisburg business enterprise was not aware of the danger to date. A press spokeswoman advises drivers to drive carefully and pay close attention to the road. She confirmed to DER WESTEN that the commercial enterprises will now send employees to Bruchstrasse. (mbo)