A woman finds a human finger in the hamburger she was eating in a restaurant

The case of a woman who found a human finger in the hamburger that she ate in a Bolivian restaurant, and that belonged to one of the local employees, has generated controversy in the country and has resulted in an investigation for an attack on public health.

This event happened in the eastern city of Santa Cruz, when a woman who was tasting the “magnificent hamburger” that she had ordered ran into a human finger on it.

This situation was denounced by the diner on Sunday through social networks in which shared some pictures of the hamburger and finger that he found, a message that went viral right away.

“It has been verified that the hamburger has been sold in that establishment and that that hamburger had the rest of a finger of possibly a workman who lost two fingers last Friday, “the Deputy Minister of Consumer Defense, Jorge Silva, explained to Efe.

According to the first information, one of the workers who was in charge of grinding the meat used in the 20 branches of the fast food restaurant made a movement while the machine was turned off that caused the grinder to cut off two of his fingers, Silva commented.

The employee was transferred to a hospital where the dismemberment was treated.

Closed premises

The man was preparing about 45 to 80 kilos of meat that is used in hamburgers, lot that, according to the restaurant’s version, was discarded, said the vice minister, who added that the place was closed.

The Public Ministry opened an ex officio process for attack against public health to inquire about this fact and the vice ministry headed by Silva will monitor the investigation.

The restaurant in question issued a statement in which it noted that throughout its 21 years of experience they have worked “in faithful and strict adherence to all health, safety and food safety regulations”, and described it as “fortuitous accident”.

The Ministry of Labor ordered the stoppage of operations in the area where the hamburgers are made until they can prove that their workers are trained in handling these machines.

In the ministerial verification it was evidenced that this space is “unsafe” and that there was at least three other incidents in which workers lost their fingers.

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

Leave a Reply