Sanitarians of the Samur-Civil Protection have saved the life and evacuated to the hospital a 13-month-old baby who she had swallowed a plug and was later trapped with her parents in a building elevator, from which they were released, a spokeswoman for Emergencias Madrid has informed Europa Press.
The events occurred around 1:45 p.m. on Monday in a building located on Boadilla del Monte road number 11, in Madrid Latina district.
For reasons that are now unknown, the little girl had swallowed a plastic cap from a bottle, causing her to lack of oxygen. Given what happened, her parents were about to take her to the hospital when the elevator failed due to a breakdown, being stopped between several floors and unable to open the door.
☝️@SAMUR_PC manages to remove the cap from a plastic bottle from the airway of a 13-month-old baby. Upon arrival her heart rate was slow and her breathing was agonizing. Once the object is extracted, it is transferred stable to October 12.
It has happened in Ctra.Boadilla del Monte pic.twitter.com/57udJs9vvN
– Emergencies Madrid (@EmergenciasMad) September 13, 2021
Then, they called 112 and to the place they took firefighters from the Madrid City Council in a few minutes, who released them. The professionals verified that the baby had a ragonal expiration and a slow heart rate, close to cardiac arrest, so they put him in a safe position and gave them oxygen.
Then, the Samur-Civil Protection toilets arrived, with complex maneuvers they managed to remove the plug that was obstructing his airway and that it had been completely embedded in his throat. It was a fizzy drink, so all parents are recommended to remove small objects from children of these ages.
After stabilizing her, the doctors She was transferred with notice to the Hospital 12 de Octubre in Madrid, where the little girl is recovering from what happened. Agents of the Municipal and National Police also arrived at the scene and collaborated in the first assistances.