Lima, August 5, 2021Updated on 08/05/2021 04:15 am
The United States, the great candidate to win the gold medal in basketball, is just one step away from being consecrated after beating Australia 97-78 in the semifinal of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
LOOK: The end of an era: Pau Gasol and Luis Scola, two legends, said goodbye to their teams at Tokyo 2020
The North American team started the game very irregularly and were surprised by the Australian team, who were even winning by 13 points in the second quarter; however, the American stars managed to pull themselves together in spectacular fashion.
Kevin Durant scored 23 points, Devin Booker contributed 20 and United States He managed to turn the basketball game around with a resounding 97-78 to reach the final of the sport in Tokyo 2020.
The North American team will be measured for gold with the winner of the series between Slovenia and France, which will be played later (6:00 am).
United States vs. Australia: previous
Despite Ricky Rubio’s 38 points, the United States dominated Spain on the basis of triples and good defense in the second half and qualified for the semi-final of the Olympic Games. Gregg Popovich’s team has given less to more and little by little is finding a new identity: defense, running and shooting.
With an unknown Damian Lillard, due to the fact that FIBA basketball plays more physical and defensive than in the NBA, Team USA has found in Jrue Holiday a very valuable member due to its perimeter defense and against Australia it will not be The exeption.
The NBA champion with the Milwaukee Bucks will have the mission of containing Patty Mills, point guard and figure of Team Australia. Likewise, Team USA must take care of the rotations and constant changes in the curtains proposed by the Oceania team.
Based on triples and good rotations, Australia beat Argentina and will be looking to be much more precise against Team USA. Matisse Thybulle must step up, as he will have to mark Kevin Durant, who along with Luka Doncic has emerged as the most fearsome attacker in the entire competition.
- United States vs. Australia: schedules
- 23:40 hours – Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Mexico
- 00:40 hours – Venezuela, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay
- 01:40 am on Tuesday – Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil
- 06:40 am on Tuesday – Spain, Germany, Italy, France
United States vs. Australia: channels and streams
- United States: ABC and peacock
- Peru: Claro Brand and YouTube Brand
- Mexico: Marca Claro and YouTube de Marca
- Colombia: Claro Brand and YouTube Brand
- Chile: Claro Brand and YouTube Brand
- Argentina: Claro Brand and YouTube Brand
- Uruguay: Claro Brand and YouTube Brand
- Brazil: Claro Brand and YouTube Brand
- Ecuador: Claro Brand and YouTube Brand
- Venezuela: Claro Brand and YouTube Brand
- Bolivia: Claro Brand and YouTube Brand
According to the criteria of
MORE IN DT …