The businesses, micro-enterprises and the self-employed in the district of Old City will have 10 more business days to request the aid of the Resistir Plan called specifically for this district, one of the hardest hit by the coronavirus health restrictions. The Valencia City Council has decided to extend the application period, which opened on July 6 and ends this Monday. Thus, the new term will begin to run from the day following its publication in the Official Gazette of the Province (BOP), expected tomorrow Tuesday.

This expansion, as indicated by the area of ​​Innovative Development of the Economic Sectors and Employment, has been agreed with the Association of Merchants of the Historic Center, which requested more time to develop, in addition, in vacation period.

The Local Government Board approved last Friday the second payment, which translates into 110 more companies and freelancers, so There are already 338 beneficiaries of the 650 applications submitted, for a total amount of 845,800 euros.

“We are managing this aid as quickly as possible, since it is essential and necessary to pay the aid to the productive sectors most affected by the crisis derived from the pandemic,” says the councilor. Pilar Bernabé.

The direct help that can be requested is up to 4,000 euros: 2,000 euros per business and 200 euros for each worker. The call amounts to a total of seven million euros, with which it is intended to cover the vast majority of businesses in the district, and is compatible with other grants from the same program that have been received previously.

This initiative includes, in addition to direct aid to shops, hotels and other types of activities in the downtown district, a program of events and cultural activities during the last quarter of 2021, along with a discount voucher campaign.

The objective of this specific action is to help revive the economic activity of a district, that of the historic center, especially affected by the restrictions to combat the coronavirus, and which also faces the annoyances of two important urban transformation processes in the market environment Central and the Lonja and in the Plaza de la Reina, with the consequent inconvenience for trade.

In fact, practically all of the 259 stalls of the Central Market will request the subsidies, as reported by the group of sellers themselves. It is estimated that the amount that the Central Market merchants will receive will exceed 600,000 euros. Currently, the emblematic venue has 259 stalls, of which 94% (244) are food and the remaining 6% (15) are of another type of product.

Balance of the Plan Resistir en València

As a whole, the Resistir Plan has already subscribed more than 23 million euros in its six calls, which have reached 10,026 freelancers, businesses and micro-businesses in the city of Valencia. The Consistory approved last Friday the last payment of the fifth call (the one directed to the economic sectors related to celebrations and ceremonies, such as hairdressers, fashion, flowers and photography), which has already been closed. In this way, these economic sectors have received aid for a total amount of 3.08 million euros.

The call with the most grants awarded was the first (parenthesis grants), with 5,419 applications paid for 13.04 million euros. Next is that of the taxi sector, with 4.58 million euros that reached 2,239 professionals. After the aforementioned celebrations sector are those of the cultural field, with 1.09 million euros for 460 beneficiaries. In last place are those of traditional sectors (falleros, mainly), with a total amount paid of 382,000 for 171 applications.

The second regional plan is open to all activities

The Valencian Government has extended to all economic sectors the possibility of accessing the aid of the Plan Resistir Plus regardless of the CNAE code to which its activity is assigned and has opened the term to request them. As of July 28 and until August 20, these grants may be requested again, which will also cover fixed costs.

.

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

Then24

The News 24 is the place where you get news about the World. we cover almost every topic so that you don’t need to find other sites.

Leave a Reply