This Sunday, around 7:40 p.m., a passenger violently assaulted two security guards that they asked him to get off the convoy as he did not carry a ticket, urged by a Renfe inspector. The events happened when they were in the Mollet Santa Rosa station, of the R3 line of Rodalies de Barcelona. According Union DNA, the Private Security Union in Catalonia, that is “the daily bread”, and they assure that years come demanding to the administrations a protocol to prevent such incidents.
“It is not an isolated case. It is the daily bread here in Barcelona ”, he assures Sergio Sanchez, trade union DNA advisor, in statements to 20 minutes. “We have asked the public administrations to take measures so that it does not happen again and to make updated security protocols; because we have been years in which people are more and more aggressive and it is necessary to prevent ”, he explains, adding:“ These accidents affect guards, controllers and also passengers, who suffer from the stoppage of trains and who can also be attacked ”.
From the Union DNA they denounce that no administration has yet met with them to seek solutions: “To date, neither the Department of Security of Renfe ni de Barcelona Metropolitan Transport (TMB) they want to meet with us. We have also been requesting the Department of the Interior of the Generalitat to meet with the Consell de Seguretat Privada to convene a work table ”, he asserts.
“Neither the Renfe or TMB Safety Department wants to meet with us”
Given the alleged passivity of these actors, the trade union DNA advisor says that he went to the Police Station this Wednesday morning. National Police of Balmes street, where they have commented to him that “they will try to speak with the Department”, in his words.
They warn of an “increase in violence”
Regarding the “increased violence” in travelers that ADN Sindical warns about, Sánchez attributes it to the fact that “every time people consume more drugs, and has less respect for authority. In addition, we have also seen that there are kids who they provoke the attacks to record themselves and upload it to the networks, or to impress a girl. This is the reality, ”says Sánchez.
In the specific case of the traveler who attacked the two guards on Sunday, Sánchez has assured that “this person it’s not the first time that attacks Rodalies private security personnel ”. However, this is information that they have neither confirmed nor denied from Mossos d’Esquadra, when asked by this newspaper.
Neither party has denounced
Union DNA has informed this newspaper that the assaulted guards “show bruises” and that they were treated in their mutual to have the report of injuries, and thus present the complaint against the aggressor. At first, they assure that both intend to file a complaint against the young man, who was identified by the Mossos d’Esquadra.
In fact, the aggressor waited sitting on the train tracks, thus preventing the convoy from advancing, after the guards threw it out of the wagon. No other incident occurred when the Mossos d’Esquadra arrived. In fact, the aggressor would have collaborated with the agents and showed the intention of report the watchers for the blows of the truncheon that they gave him, as he has learned 20 minutes.
Likewise, despite the alleged intention to denounce by both parties, sources from the Mossos d’Esquadra have reported that no one has filed a complaint so far.