According to current surveys, the majority of the supporters of the Greens do not believe that Annalena Baerbock will move into the Chancellery after the federal election. Nevertheless, they are against a change of candidate in favor of Robert Habeck.

In the spring, the Greens were head-to-head with the CDU in surveys and were even able to outdo the Union party at times. But at the beginning of July, according to a Forsa survey, they were in favor of that RTL / ntv-Trend barometer slipped below the 20 percent mark for the first time since the beginning of March.

The main reason is the various missteps of her top candidate Annalena Baerbock. From false information in the curriculum vitae, late reported special payments to the accusation of neglecting your duty of supervision in an internal party embezzlement, to allegations of plagiarism about your new book or the question of whether scholarship payments from the Heinrich Böll Foundation were justified.

Survey: support for Annalena Baerbock is waning

Continue with Baerbock: Greens supporters against changing candidates

In view of the ongoing descent in the polls, it is hardly surprising that, according to a recent poll, the majority of Germans are in favor of Baerbock being replaced by their co-party chairman Robert Habeck in the middle of the election campaign.

In a survey by the polling institute YouGov on behalf of German press agency 35 percent were in favor of changing candidates. Only 24 percent believed that Baerbock should remain a candidate for chancellor. 41 percent did not provide any information.

However, sympathies for Baerbock still predominate among supporters of the Greens. Here she is in the YouGov survey with 54 to 32 percent ahead of Habeck. The voters of the left also want Baerbock to continue as a candidate for chancellor (36 to 33 percent). In all other parties represented in the Bundestag, the desire for a change of candidate prevails.

Habeck, who had long been traded as a candidate for chancellor himself, has described the discussion about replacing Baerbock as “Kokolores”.

Ex-SPD leader Scharping on the Greens: "Stop complaining! - Election campaigns are not for mimosas!"Ex-SPD leader Scharping on the Greens: "Stop complaining! - Election campaigns are not for mimosas!"

Greens no longer believe in Chancellor Baerbock

The supporters of the Greens want to hold on to Baerbock, but no longer believe that the 40-year-old will become chancellor. This was the result of another survey carried out by the market research company Kantar on behalf of the NRZ performed.

Accordingly, 59 percent of all respondents believe that CDU top candidate Armin Laschet will succeed Angela Merkel in office. Only nine percent still trust Annalena Baerbock – which puts her behind SPD candidate Olaf Scholz, who has eleven percentage points.

A similar picture emerges among supporters of the Greens. Only 13 percent of them expect Baerbock as Chancellor. “An above-average number – 71 percent – believe in Laschet,” she said NRZ. Olaf Scholz comes to nine percent in the green camp.

Among the supporters of his own party, Scholz comes to 23 percent, while 50 percent consider Laschet to be the most promising candidate. Baerbock comes to 15 percent among SPD supporters.

Supporters of the Union parties firmly believe in Laschet’s election victory: 82 percent assume that the NRW Prime Minister will move into the Chancellery. Only two percent expect Baerbock, Scholz comes to eight percent with them.

Sunday trend: SPD and Greens on parSunday trend: SPD and Greens on par

Perception vs. Choice Preference

The big differences in the chances of winning are surprising given the fact that the three candidates, according to the NRZ-Survey are closely related when it comes to the question “Who would you vote for if the Federal Chancellor were to be directly elected?” goes.

Of those surveyed, 19 percent said they would vote for Laschet. The CDU politician is only two points ahead of Baerbock. And Scholz follows closely behind: 15 percent of those surveyed said that they would vote for the SPD candidate. (Ten percent would vote for FDP leader Christian Lindner, 16 percent gave no information and 23 percent voted for the option “none of them”.)

Conclusion: In the opinion of the respondents, Laschet has almost won the race. According to the voting preference of the respondents, however, only a few percentage points separate the three candidates – so it could still be exciting.

more on the subject – Laschet laughs – Criticism of the Prime Minister of North Rhine-Westphalia after appearing in the flood area

!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)
{if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod?
n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};
if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version=’2.0′;
n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0;
t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window,document,’script’,
‘https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’);

fbq(‘init’, ‘542586983331200’);
fbq(‘track’, ‘PageView’);

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

Then24

The News 24 is the place where you get news about the World. we cover almost every topic so that you don’t need to find other sites.

Leave a Reply