The France Victimes association finally won its case against the Ministry of Justice. In a new call for tenders for the operation of the toll-free number to help victims, published Tuesday, July 13, the chancellery withdrew any mention of a listening time limitation. The federation had started a showdown with the ministry at the end of May.

→ EXPLANATION. Help for victims, conflict around the crisis line

A mention, in the specifications of the first version of the public market, had precipitated the confrontation: ” the average duration of calls is less than six minutes for 80% of them and less than nine minutes for the remaining 20% ​​”. Condition accompanied, in the event of non-compliance, with financial penalties in the form of less subsidies. ” An aberration when we know that the average call time is more than ten minutes », Notes the spokesperson for France Victimes, Olivia Mons. In today’s market, the limitation is six minutes for 80% of calls, twenty for the rest.

“We did not mobilize for nothing”

The 116 006, free help number intended for anyone considering themselves to be the victim of an offense or a natural disaster, has been run since 2001 by France Victimes. Mandated for four years by the Ministry of Justice to operate the line, the association had filed, in reaction to the new call for tenders, a graceful appeal to the Keeper of the Seals.

She had also sent him, as well as to the President of the Republic, an open letter asking for the removal of the time limits of the market. After a month and a half of mobilization, Olivia Mons is therefore delighted with the change of course of the Ministry of Justice: “ We tell ourselves that we did not mobilize for nothing, that the needs of victims are finally taken into account. »

→ INVESTIGATION. Éric Dupond-Moretti keeps the support of his camp

A victory for the 130 associations that make up France Victimes. ” When people call 116 006 it’s not just a matter of directing them, although that is our primary mission. Very often it is first necessary to listen, to collect the word, emphasizes Olivia Mons. Putting a time limit on this first call from victims is to scorn the work of those listening and sometimes the distress of those who ask us. »

With this new version of the public market, which completely eliminates the notion of time limit, the spokesperson hopes that ” the ministry understood that better listening means a more efficient and better quality connection with local services ».

The Chancellery, for its part, regrets a ” instrumentalization of the conditions set out in the previous specifications, which however had no other vocation than to ensure rapid and guaranteed support for people requesting 116 006 ”. Returning to the methods of awarding the public contract, the Ministry of Justice wished to recall that time limits do not “Were just one way to achieve the desired result: that no one was left behind. »

.

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more