The Buenos Aires governor Axel Kicillof announced at a press conference that from this Wednesday all groups prioritized to be vaccinated against covid-19 the first dose can be applied without a previous shift at any vaccination center in the Buenos Aires province.

In this way, those who are part of this population will be able to approach any vaccination center in the province with a DNI and an accreditation of their comorbidity, and ask to be vaccinated.

The prioritized groups include all older than 50 years, health, education and security workers, those older than 18 years with comorbidities and pregnant people.

Kicillof also announced that “Anyone who has missed the turn of the first dose, can now attend any vaccination and can be vaccinated.”

“We are expanding access to vaccination”

The Province of Buenos Aires gradually expanded the vaccination system without prior registration. It was first opened for people over 70 years of age, then 60 and until today 50. Starting tomorrow, it will be for all those over 50 plus the groups with comorbidity.

“We are expanding access to vaccination, that is, expanding the number of people from Buenos Aires vaccinated,” said the provincial president during a conference together with the Deputy Minister of Health, Nicolás Kreplak, and the Chief of Staff, Carlos Biando.

Kicillof acknowledged that the “free vaccine” modality gave “good results” due to the number of unregistered people who came to vaccinate and did not rule out that the device is extended to people under 50 years of age, which was the last age limit that was established.

“We are evaluating whether to extend the age ranges to those under 50But you have to be cautious because to do it you need logistics and planning ”such that there is no congestion in the vaccination centers or lack of vaccines in some of them, he explained.

The shift system “is simpler” because it foresees these situations, “but with the ‘free vaccine’ we need to have stock” to contain the arrival of unregistered people. “It is a bold measure because we could have difficulties, but we were able to face it by reinforcing personnel and the number of vaccines,” he stressed.

Constraints and phases

“We are rotten from the coronavirus. But the fact that we are rotten does not make the virus go away “He said and stressed that the intention of his administration is “to avoid greater evils” and, for now, not to decide on new closures of activities. “There is no plan for the return to the restrictions. We follow the pulse of the contagion pandemic and always trying to restrict as little as possible “, emphasized and remarked that the epidemiological situation in the province continues to be relatively stable and with decreases in cases.

For this, he added, “The phase system will continue to be respected” which, based on the indicators of the number of infections and the occupation of hospital beds, “indicates whether activities must be limited”. When this happens and restrictions are applied and respected, “cases start to go down.” “This is the result of a care management system based on objective indicators, not on political issues or surveys or opinions, but on objective indicators” and not in “opportunistic attempts to gather votes,” he pointed out.

So far, this tool gave “results that have been very good”, Kicillof qualified, although he did not rule out that “if the cases grow again due to the arrival of the Delta variant or non-compliance (of the restrictions by society) we will restrict ” activities.

.

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more