The Ministry of Health (Minsa) reported this Monday June 28 which rose to 192,163 the death toll from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the country. It is about 100 new deaths compared to yesterday’s report. In addition, it reported that infections increased by 2,422 (1,452 in the last 24 hours), so that the total number of infected people reaches 2,049,567.
SIGHT: All about the vaccination of adults aged 56 and 57 that begins today in Metropolitan Lima and Callao
The Minsa also reported that there is a total of 9,419 hospitalized patients, of which 2,422 are on mechanical ventilation.
To mitigate the effects of the pandemic, Peru signed agreements to purchase vaccines against COVID-19 with Sinopharm (for 2 million doses), Pfizer (32 million), AstraZeneca (14.04 million) and with the mechanism Covax Facility (13.2 million).
Immunization in Peru began in February, after the arrival of the first batch of vaccines from China (Sinopharm). The Government has announced that it hopes to immunize all adults over 60 before the current management ends.
More information: https://t.co/NKoSUNFioX pic.twitter.com/8mPvUXIw3n
– Ministry of Health (@Minsa_Peru) June 29, 2021
Honesty of figures
On Monday, May 31, the Government reported that they will adopt the criteria and recommendations made by the Technical Working Group (GTT) formed to establish the way in which the death registry from this disease should be kept.
SIGHT: About 100,000 Peruvians died from COVID-19 in the first half of 2021
This commission determined that the number of people who died from COVID-19 in Peru, from March 1, 2020 to May 22, 2021 was 180,764, while the official report of the Minsa did not reach 70 thousand. Since then, the Minsa has updated its figures based on the GTT’s recommendations.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- COVID-19 in Peru: on Wednesday, June 30, vaccination begins for people aged 50 and over
- Delta variant of COVID-19: Minsa ruled out applying epidemiological fence in all Comas upon detection of a case
- COVID-19 vaccine: more than four million 232 thousand Peruvians have already been immunized
- About 100,000 Peruvians died from COVID-19 in the first half of 2021
- Vacunagate: how many of those who received doses in October 2020 were vaccinated again like Martín Vizcarra?