Mexico reported this Monday 44 new deaths from covid-19 In the last 24 hours, for a total of 232,608 deaths, the Ministry of Health reported on Monday, which also stated that the country had 43.91 million vaccines applied.
MIRA: Everything you need to know about the news from Mexico
In addition, the daily technical report registered 1,661 new infections that bring the confirmed cases to 2,507,453.
- “I came because we didn’t have anything to eat”: From Guatemala to the US, the lonely odyssey of an immigrant child
- Mexico: woman dies while being subdued by police in Tulum, Quintana Roo | VIDEO
- Mexico would have more than 320,000 deaths from coronavirus, recognizes the Government
With these figures, Mexico ranks as the fourth country with the most deaths, behind the United States, Brazil and India, and the fifteenth in number of confirmed infections, according to the Johns Hopkins University count.
However, the Government recognized at the end of April that the deaths associated with covid-19 are actually just over 332,500, after an analysis of the death certificates.
This Monday’s report indicated that, since the beginning of the emergency, Mexico has studied 7.49 million patients.
In addition, the health authorities estimate that the real number of infections is 2,692,599. Of this number, 32,520 people are active who have presented symptoms during the last 14 days and represent just over 1% of the total.
It was also reported that 1,994,014 people are considered recovered after having suffered the disease.
The average occupancy of general beds in Mexican hospitals is 17% and 14% for intensive care beds.
Hospital occupancy has decreased by 87% compared to the maximum peak reached in January, when hospitals in several cities, including the capital, were saturated.
With regard to deaths, Mexico City -the focus of the pandemic- accumulates 19.1% of all deaths nationwide, that is, almost 1 in 5 deaths.
The report indicated that so far 43.91 million doses of the vaccine against covid-19 have been administered, adding up to 157,994 on Sunday.
In addition, he indicated that 18.95 million people have received the necessary doses to complete the vaccination scheme in Mexico, which has 126 million inhabitants.
For now, the vaccination program includes those over 40 years of age, pregnant women, medical and educational personnel, and the population over 18 years of age in the state of Baja California.
Since December 23, 2020, Mexico has received more than 51.96 million doses from 6 pharmaceutical companies.
What is and how the coronavirus that emerged in China is transmitted
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- The shocking moment when Israel bombs the headquarters tower of the AP and Al Jazeera agency in Gaza | PHOTOS AND VIDEO
- Horror in Gaza: Israeli bombing kills 8 children and 2 women from the same family
- The impressive photo showing the fight between Israel’s “Iron Dome” and Hamas missiles
- From the turnstiles to the polls: How Chilean students pushed the Constituent Assembly
- 6 maps showing how the Palestinian territory has changed in recent decades
- Who are the Israeli Arabs and what is their role in the current escalation of violence?