The ex-president Martin Vizcarra received this Sunday the first dose against the COVID-19 from the Pfizer laboratory, despite the fact that he had already been irregularly immunized with the Sinopharm vaccine, during the month of October, of a batch destined for the medical personnel in charge of the clinical study at the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia.
SIGHT: Martín Vizcarra, volunteer or privileged ?: The story of the COVID-19 vaccine for the former president
Through his Twitter account, Vizcarra Cornejo indicated that he was inoculated with the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine “according to the schedule” because he is 58 years old and thanked the Ministry of Health and Essalud.
“Today, according to the schedule, I received the vaccine against COVID 19. Thanks to the Municipality of San Isidro“, wrote.
Today, according to the schedule, I received the vaccine against COVID 19. Thanks to the @munisanisidro already @EssaludPeru for carrying out an orderly and efficient vaccination. pic.twitter.com/FA2RtdxBwS
– Martín Vizcarra (@MartinVizcarraC) June 27, 2021
As recalled, 487 people were immunized with Sinopharm vaccines in an irregular manner with doses destined for the medical team in charge of the clinical trials of the compound against COVID-19 at the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia carried out in the country.
SIGHT: Martín Vizcarra: “I never knew there were more vaccines than the 12 thousand doses for volunteers”
Due to his irregular vaccination, the Congress of the Republic constitutionally charged and disqualified former President Martín Vizcarra, former Minister of Health Pilar Mazzetti and former Foreign Minister Elizabeth Astete from the exercise of public functions. In the case of the former head of state, this decision by Parliament will prevent him from assuming the post of congressman next July, despite being the most voted candidate in the General Elections on April 11.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- El Comercio-Ipsos Survey: 54% prefer that the next Cabinet be multiparty
- Vladimiro Montesinos: Mindef relieves officer in charge of CEREC and three guards for calls
- Keiko Fujimori will deliver a letter to Francisco Sagasti this Monday 28 requesting an international audit
- Pedro Francke: “A meeting with Julio Velarde is indeed being coordinated”
- José Miguel Vivanco: Peru needs a government that recognizes and strengthens the validity of human rights