Mexico.- The weather forecast of the National Meteorological Service (SMN) foresees for this Thursday, June 17, showers and heavy rains in the northeast and east of Mexico, caused by a low pressure zone with a high probability of cyclonic development or possible tropical cyclone.
The same phenomenon will cause very strong rains at intense points over the southeast of the country, including the Yucatan peninsula, with torrential rains in Chiapas and Quintana Roo.
On the other hand, a second zone of low pressure with probable cyclonic development in the Pacific will move to the south of the coast of Guerrero and will cause heavy to very strong rains, electric shocks and possible hailstorms in the west, south and center of the republic, including the Valley of Mexico, as well as high waves on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and the Central Pacific.
Read more: Sedena applies DN-III plan after landslides and floods in Oaxaca
Likewise, a low pressure channel will remain over the northwest of the country, causing showers with showers and electric shocks.
Finally, a very hot environment in areas of northwestern Mexico, with temperatures of more than 40 ° C in regions of Baja California, Sonora and Sinaloa.
Rains for today
- Intense rains with torrential punctual rains (150. 1 to 250.0 mm): Oaxaca, Chiapas and Quintana Roo.
- Very heavy rains with intense punctual rains (75. 1 to 150.0 mm): Guerrero, Tabasco, Veracruz, Campeche and Yucatán.
- Heavy rains with very strong punctual rains (50.1 to 75.0 mm): Puebla, Michoacán and Colima.
- Intervals of showers with strong punctual rains (25.1 to 50.0 mm): Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Querétaro, Hidalgo, State of Mexico, Nayarit and Jalisco.
- Intervals of showers (5.1 to 25.0 mm): Nuevo León, Durango, Sinaloa, Guanajuato, Mexico City, Morelos and Tlaxcala.
- Isolated rains (0.1 to 5.0 mm): Sonora, Coahuila, Zacatecas and Aguascalientes.
- Possibility of electrical storms: Sonora, Durango, Sinaloa, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Mexico City, State of Mexico, Puebla, Veracruz, Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
- Possibility for hail fall: Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Jalisco, State of Mexico and Chiapas.
Minimum and maximum temperatures
- Minimum temperatures of 0 to 5 ° C and possible frosts: mountainous areas of Chihuahua, Durango, State of Mexico, Puebla and Tlaxcala.
- Maximum temperatures above 50 ° C: Baja California.
- Maximum temperatures of 45 to 50 ° C: Sonora.
- Maximum temperatures of 40 to 45 ° C: Sinaloa.
- Maximum temperatures of 35 to 40 ° C: Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Nayarit and Michoacán.
Read more: They seize more than 100 gold coins; were transported by a flight passenger in Argentina
Wind and swell
- Wind with gusts of 60 to 70 km / h: Veracruz, Yucatán, Quintana Roo and the coasts of Guerrero and Oaxaca.
- Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km / h: Baja California Sur, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, San Luis Potosí, Jalisco, Guanajuato and Campeche.
- Waves of 2 to 4 meters high significant in the coasts of Guerrero, Oaxaca, Veracruz, Yucatán and Quintana Roo, and 1 to 2.5 meters of significant height in coasts of Tamaulipas, Tabasco and Campeche
With information from the National Water Commission (Conagua).
Free fight Metro CDMX
Follow us on