EDUCATION – “You have four hours.” This Thursday June 17 at 8 am, the candidates for the baccalaureate worked on the mythical test of philosophy, the one that everyone dreads, and which announces each year the starting signal of the final exam.

On the menu for this very special 2021 edition: four proposed subjects for the general series: “To discuss, is it renouncing violence?”, “Does the unconscious escape all form of knowledge?”, “We are -we responsible for the future? ”, and finally“ Explanation of text around an extract from the work of the Labor Division of Émile Durkheim. ”

But while some philosophy teachers feared that this test would lose its value considerably, this year more than the others, some students obviously decided to make a blank copy or to write only a few lines, as this professor relates.

Explanation of this lack of interest in this queen test of the baccalaureate: at

After a year disrupted by the Covid, continuous monitoring accounts for 82% of the rating. The grand oral and the philosophy test corresponding to the remaining 18%. But for philosophy, it is the best mark that will be retained between that obtained in continuous assessment during the year or that obtained in the baccalaureate, on condition of having returned its copy, even white.

For the students who had a very good mark during the year, this writing did not present any crucial issue for obtaining the diploma.

The fact remains that the students who obtained a bad mark in the continuous assessment were forced to take the entire test. And some have found themselves a little alone in the examination rooms at times.

Even before this test, the teachers deplored the superficial stakes of this exam. “The students will come on Thursday to simply show up. Some even told me that they would come in flip-flops, while others are launching contests for who will make the best joke on their copy ”, regretted to AFP Nicolas Franck, president of the association of professors of philosophy of public education. (Appep)

For his part, Jean-Michel Blanquer denies having created a “low-cost ferry”. “It seemed to me essential that everyone work to the end and that this important ritual of the bac be maintained as long as possible”, he declared Thursday morning on France Inter.

The decisive and unprecedented test of the grand oral will be held from June 21 to July 2 for final year students, and will thus end this long and perilous school year … except in the case of remedies.

See also on Then24: In Texas college, mother masquerades as her daughter and denounces lack of security

.

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more