Bronco Sport, first 'Mexican' series production vehicle

The talent, technical capacity and skill of Mexican engineers was more than demonstrated in the Ford Bronco Sport, which became the first series production automobile developed and manufactured in Mexico.

During the conference he gave remotely before the Academia de Ingeniería México, the Team Leader at Ford Motor Company, Adrián Aguirre Granados, He noted that it was a team of 600 engineers who developed Ford’s off-road SUV.

Of that team 70 to 75% made up of Mexican engineers, while the remaining 30 to 25% are part of Ford’s global engineering team, the platform is based on the Escape and Focus that was made in Europe, so a 20% of that participation was from Europe and some things from the US.

In the case of Mexico, most of the Mexican engineers who participated in the project, from the Mexico City, State of Mexico and Puebla, While they represent a small percentage of engineers from other parts of the Republic, although he added that now with the pandemic they will seek to bring in talent from other places.

He recalled that the Ford engineering group in Mexico almost disappeared at the end of the 90’s, by 2004 it went from 50 engineers to 100, while now a group of 600 mainly Mexican engineers were the ones who developed the Bronco Sport.

Likewise, for years the Ford Group of Mexico has become worldwide the Center that generates more innovation and patents per capita, also the Ford Mexico engineering organization is the one that registers the most and is given more patents than any other company in the country.

“There is no doubt that the talent is there, that the technical capacity and ability exist. We are much more attractive as a country than we sometimes think “, he pointed.

For now, among the projects in which the Mexican engineering team has participated have been the F-350 Diesel and Manual Transmission, Fiesta Automatic Transmission, in the Lincoln Mark LT and the Mercury variant of Ford Focus, the leadership in the engineering of the Expedition and Navigator 2015, among others.

Although the iconic moment was when it was announced that the Bronco Sport project was assigned to Mexico, it represented an investment of 1.5 billion dollars and, above all, the participation of Mexican engineering.

KNOW:
The lawsuit is the largest antitrust case in a generation, comparable to the one filed against Microsoft Corp in 1998.

!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)
{if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod?
n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};
if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version=’2.0′;
n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0;
t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window,document,’script’,
‘https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’);
fbq(‘init’, ‘168272650436946’);
fbq(‘track’, ‘ViewContent’);
.

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

Leave a Reply