You are currently viewing The nurse said that Maradona’s signature was forged after he died

The nurse Ricardo Almirón, the last person who supposedly saw Diego Maradona alive, complicated the situation of his bosses, coordinators of the nursing company and the prepaid, and of the psychiatrist Agustina Cosachov, by declaring that the star’s hospitalization was very deficient, without control devices and that he warned the rest of the medical group about the dangers of the tachycardia that he perceived in the former player from the first day. Almirón told the prosecutors in the case that no one listened to him.

The nurse and the other six defendants have to defend themselves against the accusation of simple homicide by eventual fraud, that is, their negligence led to the death of Maradona, something that the defendants had to represent because it was already noticed that the former player was retaining liquid, not He moved from the bed and the whole painting was – according to the prosecutors in the case – very dangerous for El Diez’s health. The most explosive point of the statement was that Almirón told about the falsification of the signature of Maradona, now deceased, on the nurses’ attendance sheet.

“Alive, I saw him between 9:30 pm and 10:00 pm the day before death. I did the controls. Then, at 6.30 in the morning on November 25, before leaving the shift, I only saw him from the door ”. With that story, Almirón made it clear that no one really did a real verification of how Maradona was during 14 hours, from 10 to 12, when he entered the room and Maradona was already deceased. To make matters worse, the nurse said that he signed the form when he left and it is evident that Maradona after that could not have signed anything. However, his signature appears across the entire sheet, which shows that – in principle – it is false. Prosecutors ordered that an expert report on that rubric be started this Tuesday.

The center of Almirón’s statement was that the home hospitalization was not such, that there were no monitors or control elements, that he even brought his own devices and when making a comparison with home hospitalizations in which he worked, the conditions of the house from the San Andrés neighborhood were deplorable. To make matters worse, the nurse stated that he was reporting the difficulties he saw in Maradona’s health and that he had no response. “I saw him with tachycardia all the time, I put him in the group we had and no one reacted”. The group included the psychiatrist Cosachov, the coordinator of the nurses, Mariano Perroni, and the coordinator of Swiss Medical, Nancy Forlini.

The entire Maradona case is largely delayed essentially because the team of prosecutors – Laura Capra, Cosme Irribarren, and Patricio Ferrari, coordinated by Attorney General John Broyard – took the time to do a thorough medical meeting and conduct a very detailed analysis of the communications between Leopoldo Luque, Agustina Cosachov, Carlos Díaz, the head of the medical and psychological group that cared for Maradona, and all the rest of those who participated in the treatment.

Globally, prosecutors say the negligence was of all kinds and colors:

* There was no follow-up of cardiac pathologies.

* Contraindicated medication was given for his heart ailments.

* Symptoms were ignored, including swelling, which meant she was retaining fluid, ultimately leading to her death.

* The assistance of adequate personnel was avoided. For example, a clinician was denied access and therapy companions were kept away.

* It was omitted to admit Maradona to a rehabilitation center where he would have had another control.

* The family was manipulated so that they were not aware of what was happening.

* There must have been nurses specialized in the problem of addictions, especially the addiction to alcohol that was the one that affected Diego.

* The house in the San Andres neighborhood, in Tigre, was inadequate and did not have the most essential elements for an emergency.

* The reports contained information that was inconsistent with Maradona’s real condition and medical care, simulating that a systematic treatment was being carried out.

* The nurses falsely stated that the patient had been checked on several occasions. That includes the morning of November 25, the day of death, when Almirón wrote that he entered the room at 6:30 a.m. and Maradona was sleeping and breathing normally. The autopsy and medical board, on the other hand, said he had been in agony for ten hours.

As planned, around noon, Almirón arrived at the San Isidro prosecutor’s office accompanied by his lawyer, Franco Chiarelli, to open the investigation. The most surprising thing about his statement was that in his defense Almirón did not claim that Maradona did not allow himself to be reviewed, but rather that the problems occurred because the conditions of that supposed home stay were very bad. The nurse has the global accusation of all the other defendants, but his participation in that network is less: he had no responsibility for the decisions that were made. Most likely, he will be blamed essentially for the false reports and for not having sufficiently warned of the dangers to Maradona’s health.

The entire process will lead, sooner or later, to an oral trial. And in that instance, the main defense of the accused will be to point out that Diego did not allow the most basic treatments or examinations. Prosecutors maintain that Maradona was not in a position to decide anything, something that was seen on his birthday, so he had to be admitted to a rehabilitation center. Yesterday, Almirón sided with the prosecutors’ accusation, because he emphasized the negligence that occurred in everything that was done.


Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more