Colombia broke this Sunday, for the second day in a row, its new record for daily deaths by reporting 586, 9 more than those reported on Saturday, and reached 95,778 fatalities from the pandemic of coronavirus, reported the Ministry of Health.
MIRA: Everything you need to know about the news in Colombia
The country also added 28,519 infections and raised to 3,753,224 cases, of which 168,222 remain active, that is, 4.48%.
- Colombia ends May as the deadliest month of the coronavirus pandemic, with 15,000 dead
- Colombia registers the largest increase in coronavirus cases in South America, alerts PAHO
- The “secret” of Campohermoso, the people of Colombia that remains free of coronavirus | PHOTOS
Also on Saturday, 206,599 vaccines were applied, bringing the number of doses applied to 12,917,941, of which 3,800,204 correspond to second doses.
Just today the president of Colombia, Iván Duque, received the first dose of Pfizer against covid-19 at the Central Military Hospital in Bogotá, as part of the National Vaccination Plan.
“This morning I had the opportunity to comply with my vaccination cycle in accordance with the stage that was programmed by the minister (of Health, Fernando Ruiz), the ministry, the epidemiological team and the vaccination team,” said Duque in a declaration.
FIGURES FROM THE CONFERENCE
Of the deaths reported today, 499 of which occurred in previous days, the highest figure was in Bogotá, with 151, followed by the departments of Valle del Cauca (61), Antioquia (54), Santander (52), Atlántico ( 31), Cundinamarca (29) and Boyacá (23).
Regarding infections, the Ministry of Health pointed out that the highest figures were in Bogotá (9,023), Antioquia (3,771), Cundinamarca (2,385), Valle del Cauca (1,837) and Santander (1,576).
The areas of Colombia that accumulate the most infections continue to be Bogotá (1,088,074), Antioquia (582,088), Valle del Cauca (290,985), Atlántico (281,288), Cundinamarca (190,694), Santander (158,841) and Bolívar (116,701).
Today 91,883 samples were processed, of which 50,586 were PCR-type and 41,297 were antigens, for a total of 18.2 million tests performed.
What is the coronavirus that emerged in China and how is it transmitted?
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- The shocking moment when Israel bombs the headquarters tower of the AP and Al Jazeera agency in Gaza | PHOTOS AND VIDEO
- Horror in Gaza: Israeli bombing kills 8 children and 2 women from the same family
- The impressive photo showing the fight between Israel’s “Iron Dome” and Hamas missiles
- From the turnstiles to the polls: How Chilean students pushed the Constituent Assembly
- 6 maps showing how the Palestinian territory has changed in recent decades
- Who are the Israeli Arabs and what is their role in the current escalation of violence?