The Ministry of Health (Minsa) reported that until this Friday, June 11, the number of people vaccinated against the COVID-19 with at least one dose it amounts to 3,278,273. The total of citizens immunized with two doses, until 6 am today, is 4,905,795
SIGHT: Vaccination against COVID-19 in Peru broke record by immunizing more than 167 thousand people in a single day
So far, Peru has received two million Sinopharm vaccines, 4,778,380 from Pfizer and more than 400 thousand from the Covax Facility (from AstraZeneca and Pfizer). All these apply to health personnel, the elderly, members of the National Police, Armed Forces and Firefighters, included in the first phase of the National Vaccination Plan.
Both the Sinopharm, Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines must be given in two doses to immunize a person against the COVID-19.
The vaccination process in Peru began Tuesday February 9, in the main health centers in Lima and Callao. A digital tool implemented by the Minsa allows access to information on the progress of vaccination. You just have to click HERE to check the number of people vaccinated with both doses or with only one.
New vaccination plan
The Government established that on April 16 a new vaccination plan against the COVID-19, with the aim of first immunizing the older adults.
SIGHT: COVID-19: pregnant women over 18 years of age and with at least 28 weeks of gestation will be vaccinated from this Saturday 12
To do this, the Executive implemented the Pongo el Hombro platform, so that people can know the place, the date and the time when they will be vaccinated against the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Minister of Health, Oscar Ugarte, noted that seniors who cannot travel to their immunization centers have the option of calling the Line 113 for a brigade to come to your home and apply the doses.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- A team from the Ministry of Health will monitor the Indian variant of COVID-19 in Arequipa
- Vaccination against COVID-19 in Peru broke record by immunizing more than 167 thousand people in a single day
- Peru received 496,080 vaccines from Pfizer against COVID-19 this Thursday and the total exceeds 5.2 million
- COVID-19: these are the modifications on the handling of corpses during the state of emergency
- Three provinces of Arequipa go to the extreme alert level since Monday, June 14