The president of the Republic, Francisco Sagasti, confirmed this Thursday that he had contacted the Nobel Prize Mario Vargas Llosa in an effort to call for “serenity and calm in difficult and complex times.”
SIGHT: Dina Boluarte described the accusations of “systematic fraud” by Fuerza Popular as “dangerous”
Through his Twitter account, he indicated that he communicated with “several people” who according to the president have contact with the candidacy of Keiko Fujimori and the candidacy of Pedro Castillo.
“The task of a head of state is to make the country maintain serenity and calm in difficult and complex moments. In that effort, I got in touch with several people who, I understood, have contact with both candidates. My request was the same for both: lower the tension and wait for the official results. One of those people was Mario Vargas Llosa”He wrote on his Twitter account.
SIGHT: Peru sends a note of protest to Argentina for congratulating Pedro Castillo as “president-elect”
Along these lines, the president questioned that “his call be distorted and misinterpreted” that sought to “maintain tranquility in such a polarized, complex and difficult environment.” He remarked that he will not allow “any lies or misrepresentation of my words and actions to pass”.
SIGHT: ONPE specifies that JEE annulled the Popular Force vote at a Lima table due to a material error in the minutes
“I deplore the distortion and misinterpretation of an action aimed at maintaining tranquility in an environment so polarized, complex and difficult, full of lies and distortions, like the one we are experiencing. I will not pass up any lies or misrepresentations of my words and actions by the enemies of democracy. I will continue in my effort to seek the best for our country, and I will do so until the last minute of my term.”, He declared.
The task of a Head of State is to keep the country calm and serenity in difficult and complex moments. In that effort, I got in touch with several people who, I understood, have contact with both candidates. (1/4)
— Francisco Sagasti (@FSagasti) June 11, 2021
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Vladimir Cerrón after habeas corpus: “I have no interest in returning to the Regional Government of Junín, or occupying national public office”
- President of the JNE on FP’s request to annul 802 polling stations: “They must take a minimum time to be able to decide”
- Huancavelica judge ordered that the sentence for corruption of Vladimir Cerrón be annulled
- Keiko Fujimori announces that Fuerza Popular presented nullity appeals for 802 acts nationwide
- Violeta Bermúdez asks candidates to guide their followers so that they respect “democratic channels and forms”