Argentina authorized the emergency use of the Chinese laboratory’s vaccine on Friday CanSino Biologics amid an outbreak of the new coronavirus that has triggered the deaths.
The Minister of Health, Carla Vizzotti, signed the resolution while the agreement advances for 5.4 million doses depending on its availability, said that portfolio on its Twitter account.
- Buenos Aires eases restrictions due to coronavirus
- Argentina registers 26,934 new cases of coronavirus and 689 deaths
- Alberto Fernández refers again to his controversial phrase about Mexicans and Brazilians
Argentina surpassed the barrier of four million infections since the pandemic was decreed. In recent weeks, deaths have soared amid the second wave of infections and currently amount to 84,628 after 689 were reported on Friday.
The authorities of the province of Buenos Aires, which is the most populated, celebrated the approval of the Chinese vaccine and announced the purchase of 20 million doses.
The Argentine government has managed to accelerate in recent days the vaccination plan that began in December and has passed slowly with the application of the Russian Sputnik V vaccine, that of the Anglo-Swedish laboratory AstraZeneca and that of the Chinese pharmaceutical company Sinopharm. The South American country has about 45 million inhabitants.
Other Latin American countries that approved the immunization of CanSino -of a single dose- are Mexico, where questions arose because the Chinese laboratory itself has indicated that it showed a reduction in its effectiveness after six months of its application, which would force to reinforce with a second dose, and Ecuador, which announced the purchase of 6 million doses to advance the goal of immunizing nine million people in 100 days.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- The giant sinkhole begins to swallow a house in Mexico | PHOTOS
- Facebook suspends Donald Trump until 2023
- How is the innovative nuclear reactor “Natrium” that Bill Gates and Warren Buffett will build in the US?
- The majority of patients with coronavirus in Chile did not want to be vaccinated
- “¡Miserables!”: Maduro criticizes the US for excluding Venezuela from donating vaccines
- The luxuries of Nicolás Maduro: the payment of US $ 60,000 to the singer Bonny Cepeda and other waste in recent years