IArrested Tuesday in the Hautes-Pyrénées following the investigation into the kidnapping of little Mia, a former soldier was indicted on Friday evening, while the French justice questioned the involvement of Rémy Daillet, suspected for contributing to the kidnapping of the girl, in another child abduction case.
Christophe M., a retired army lieutenant-colonel living in the Hautes-Pyrénées department, was indicted for “criminal association with a view to preparing child abductions” and for “no denunciation of crime ”, announced in the evening the public prosecutor of Nancy, François Pérain. He was placed under judicial supervision.
“He admitted having given advice on how to organize child abductions”
He had admitted during his hearings to have joined in October 2020 to the organization led by Rémy Daillet, announced the Nancy prosecutor in a press release. As of January 2021, the former soldier was “entrusted with responsibilities aimed at helping to structure this organization,” said François Pérain.
“He admitted to having given advice on how to organize child abductions” but denied “having participated in the preparatory meetings for Mia’s abduction,” he added. According to François Pérain, Christophe M. explained that he left the organization in March for several reasons, including a “disagreement with Rémy Daillet on the organization of child abductions”.
Mia, 8, was kidnapped in mid-April at her mother’s request by several men while she was staying with her maternal grandmother in a village in the Vosges. Her mother was no longer allowed to see her alone, nor to speak to her on the phone.
READ ALSOChild abduction: the new conspiratorial danger
A “kidnapping alert” had quickly been disseminated and significant police resources had made it possible to find her five days later with her mother in Switzerland. The investigation implicated in the organization of this kidnapping Rémy Daillet, arrested at the end of May in Malaysia, where he had resided for several years.
Nine people, including the mother of the girl, close to the anti-system and conspiracy movement, have now been indicted in this case, eight of them being placed in pre-trial detention.
Under an international arrest warrant, Rémy Daillet was arrested at the end of May with his pregnant partner and their three children in Malaysia, where they were residing, their visas having expired. The man, who has since started a hunger strike, is the subject of a deportation order and has appealed the decision, his lawyer said in a statement.
Regarding him, the Besançon prosecutor’s office also transmitted “at the beginning of the week” to the specialized interregional jurisdiction (JIRS) of Nancy investigative elements concerning another case: that of a couple who had withdrawn from their house. home in November with her four children, refusing to entrust them to social workers as requested by the children’s judge.
The parents would have acted at the instigation of a certain “Remy, living in Malaysia, former member of Modem and son of a deputy”, who could be the conspirator Rémy Daillet, prosecutor Etienne Manteaux told Agence France-Presse , confirming information from the newspaper L’Est Républicain.
READ ALSOKidnapping of Mia – Rémy Daillet: “The government is afraid of me”
The couple and their four children, 8-year-old twins, a 2-year-old baby and a newborn, lived in isolation. On November 30, the father took refuge with his family in their accommodation. A gendarmerie negotiator intervened and the man finally agreed to leave his children to social services, without violence or threat. It was the subject of a reminder to the law.
Heard by the judge, “the parents explained that they had been very badly advised by a charlatan who told them not to collaborate with the authorities,” said Etienne Manteaux. It was through his contact that they decided to drop their children from school and then cut themselves off from the world.