The Ministry of Health (Minsa) Indian that a team of officials will travel to the Arequipa region this Friday to reinforce the health response to the increase in cases and deaths from coronavirus (COVID-19).
SIGHT: Vaccination against COVID-19 in Peru broke record by immunizing more than 167 thousand people in a single day
The Vice Minister of Benefits and Health Insurance, Bernardo Ostos, who will lead the mission, explained that among the actions to be carried out is the follow-up of the case of the Indian variant, called Delta, which has been detected in this city.
“This variant deserves adequate follow-up and on the results we will conclude, or not, if there is a direct relationship with the figures for the increase in cases in the region.”, He said.
SIGHT: Peru received 496,080 vaccines from Pfizer against COVID-19 this Thursday and the total exceeds 5.2 million
He also reported that the vaccination process against the coronavirus in Arequipa will be intensified with the dispatch of more immunization brigades. For this reason, it has been planned to send a greater number of doses.
The official explained that the implementation of services in the Goyeneche and Honorio Delgado hospitals will be strengthened, and therefore two isotanks of 20 tons of oxygen each will be installed, as well as oxygen concentrators.
SIGHT: Vaccine against COVID-19: more than 3,278,000 Peruvians have already been immunized
Likewise, technical assistance will be provided for the operation of these and other medicinal oxygen plants, so that there may be an important reserve of this resource.
A group of doctors will also travel, as well as nurses, who will support their colleagues in the first line of action against COVID-19.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Costa Verde: people between 60 and 62 years old arrive on bicycles to get vaccinated in Magdalena
- Vaccination against COVID-19: Everything you need to know about inoculation for 60, 61 and 62 year olds
- Put the Shoulder: check here place and date of vaccination against COVID-19 for adults between 60 and 62 years
- Minister Ugarte assures that 100,000 people a day are vaccinated against COVID-19 in Peru
- Police captured in Surco a subject accused of killing her ex-partner and her daughter