The final between Visé and Bocholt was scheduled for Saturday. Earlier this week it became clear that the final had to be postponed due to the corona outbreak at Visé.
But extending the current handball season by one week turned out to be unfeasible, so the competition was ended. For example, the Belgian league will not get a champion, just like last year.
“Thursday evening we looked at several options,” says KBHB chairman Jean-François Hannosset. “The heart said we had to do everything we could to make the final go ahead, the mind said ‘no.’
“All participating clubs have organized themselves in such a way that the players were free from Monday. The worst thing we could have done as a federation was to push through our will.”
“That is why it has been decided with great regret, but also with a lot of understanding for the situation of the clubs involved and their players, not to let the Final Six go ahead. Even more important than the sporting part is the health of the players.”
“A corona infection has a serious impact on the body. With a view to next season, we did not want to take the slightest risk in that area. In the meantime, it is also known that there are problems at Sporting Pelt due to infections and the small final will no longer be held this year. be played.”