The attempted feminicide in Metz gave rise to an “outburst of violence” (Photo pretext by Julien Mattia / Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)

VIOLENCE – The man, now in a state of brain death, who tried to kill his companion in the street on Thursday in Metz before shooting himself in the head, engaged in an “outburst of violence”, underlined this Friday, June 4 the public prosecutor of Metz, Christian Mercuri.

“The first witness hearings show the author’s fierce determination, an outburst of violence that characterizes his will to kill,” the prosecutor said at a press conference.

Christian Mercuri spoke of “a chase interspersed with several scenes of violence until the final scene”, the perpetrator pushing his wife to the ground and punching and kicking her.

Then, “the last two shots were carried by the author, almost at close range”, the victim, hospitalized in Nancy, being seriously injured, indicated the prosecutor. Both were hospitalized. Affected in the head and the thorax, the vital prognosis of the mother of the family “would not be engaged”, according to the Republican of Lorraine, citing the parquet of Metz.

Man already convicted of spousal violence

Still according to him, the couple was “in the process of divorce” and separated for several months, the victim having custody of the three children of the couple.

Christian Mercuri clarified that the author’s criminal record contained only “one entry” dated November 21, 2014, namely “a conviction for violence by a spouse with a two-month suspended prison sentence” , which did not imply “no judicial follow-up over time”.

He also referred to “a complaint for insults in August 2020 filed by the victim and dismissed by the prosecution”.

More recently, on May 19 and 28, the victim again came to the police “to report that she had been the victim of name-calling and spitting” and that her partner had followed her in the car, said he added.

The police, according to him, then “made the necessary connections” with the background of the author and carried out the “necessary diligence”, seizing the medico-judicial unit to “assess the impact of the facts denounced by the victim”. “All of this was done in a very professional manner,” insisted the prosecutor.

See also on Then24: Manhunt in Dordogne to find a heavily armed former soldier

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more