Mexico He goes to the polls this Sunday, June 6, for the Federal and Local Elections, where the 500 members of the Federal Chamber of Deputies will be elected, among other positions.
SIGHT: Mexico Elections 2021: What is AMLO at stake in the elections this June 6?
The results will be known between June 9 and 12.
How many positions are chosen?
According to the National Electoral Institute (INE), 500 members of the Chamber of Deputies are elected at the federal level. Among them, 300 councils are elected by the principle of relative majority and 200 by the principle of proportional representation.
At the local level, 15 governorships and 1,063 councils are elected. Regarding city councils, 1,923 presidencies, 2,057 receiverships, 14,222 councilors and 204 councilors were elected.
- Mexico exceeds 40 million vaccines received against the coronavirus
- Mexico registers 61 new deaths from coronavirus and the total reaches 223,568
- Mexico: the Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel unleashes a hunt for elite policemen in their own homes
There are also auxiliary positions of municipal boards, 22 presidencies, 22 receiverships, 88 regidurías, and community, with 299 presidencies. These positions are the responsibility of local public bodies.
How many polling stations are there?
For the midterm elections, a total of 162,815 polling places will be open throughout Mexico, which will be divided into each federative entity.
The states with the most polling stations are the State of Mexico, with 20,034 polling stations; Mexico City, with 13,175; Veracruz, with 10,825, and Jalisco, with 10,210.
Types of squares
The basic squares will be 68,501. They are those that are installed in sections that have a number no greater than 750 voters.
The adjacent squares will be 84,425. They are the ones that will receive a number greater than 750 ballots.
The extraordinary boxes will be 9,014. They are those that are installed when the conditions of communication routes are complicated.
The special boxes will be 875. They are those that will be used by voters whose homes are far from the boxes assigned by the INE.
How many people will vote in Mexico?
The electoral roll in Mexico has 93.7 million people authorized to vote; in addition, they are divided into 51.81% women and 48.19% men.
Number of election observers
There are 10,565 approved requests from election observers.
Complaints and complaints
According to the Numeralia documentary repository of the INE, 56 sanctions against people for political violence against women based on gender.
Said is defined as “Any action or omission, including tolerance, that has the object or result of limiting, nullifying or impairing the exercise of the political and electoral rights of one or more women”.
In parallel, they have settled 209 complaints such as special sanctioning procedures (PEF), in matters of political violence based on gender, slander, acquisition of time, among others.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- The shocking moment when Israel bombs the headquarters tower of the AP and Al Jazeera agency in Gaza | PHOTOS AND VIDEO
- Horror in Gaza: Israeli bombing kills 8 children and 2 women from the same family
- The impressive photo showing the fight between Israel’s “Iron Dome” and Hamas missiles
- From the turnstiles to the polls: How Chilean students pushed the Constituent Assembly
- 6 maps showing how the Palestinian territory has changed in recent decades
- Who are the Israeli Arabs and what is their role in the current escalation of violence?