Virgin Olive Oil is the most recommended for making sauces because it is perfect for marinating, emulsifying or integrating ingredients.
Virgin Olive Oil is literally The parsley of all sauces! And you can use it with any cooking technique without hesitation. For example, for emulsify, marinate and make sauces, like the vinaigrette of this delicious and light salmagundi.
And it is that this oil is also 100% olive juice. And, of course, it is also very healthy for its ability antioxidant and its high content of oleic acid.
Therefore, we propose this delicious and refreshing seafood salpicón with vinaigrette. An easy recipe, with the best of the sea and our land: the Olive oil (Virgin, in this case).
Ingredients for 4 people:
- Octopus: 400 g
- Laurel: 1 leaf
- Paprika: 1 teaspoon
- Crab sticks: 8 pcs.
- Lettuce: 100 g
- Virgin Olive Oil: 60 ml
- White wine vinegar: 30 ml
- Parsley: 1 sprig
- Lemon: 1/2
- Freeze the octopus for 48 hours. The eve before you cook it, leave it in the fridge until it defrosts. Later clean it and wash it.
- In a tall casserole, bring water to boil with plenty of salt and bay leaf. With the water boiling, scald the octopus for a minute and remove it, like this twice. Later, let it cook for 30-35 minutes. Remove it and cut it into slices. Sprinkle them with the peppers.
- Brush the shells of the mussels and remove the slime. Wash them in cold water and after cook them at the value for 3-4 minutes, until they open. Remove and drain well.
- Cut the crab sticks into pieces of the same size. Wash the lettuce leaves and drain them.
- For the vinaigrette, add in a bowl the Virgin Olive Oil, vinegar, washed and chopped parsley, and lemon juice. Salt and pepper and mix well, until you get a emulsion.
- In order to to serve, start by making a bed with the lettuce, and then add the mussels, octopus and crab sticks. Finish by basting with the vinaigrette. And you would have the recipe ready to add even more flavor to your summer!