During Wednesday, users of Facebook that live in Mexico reported the disappearance of the “dark mode” of their apps. This happened both on phones using the operating system Android as in the ones they use iOS. The classic and brilliant version of the social network appeared automatically.
SIGHT: Instagram: How to hide the ‘likes’ of the social network?
As you remember, the “dark mode” is a novelty that landed on the app in December of last year. An option that several users prefer on Facebook and several other applications that also have this alternative presentation of their interfaces.
- Facebook will stop vetoing theories that COVID-19 came out of a laboratory
- Facebook creates an Artificial Intelligence that can forget data like a human brain
- Facebook will hide posts from users who repeatedly share false information
The technological portal Xataka México confirmed the absence of this option on Facebook. They also noticed some peculiarities in the app according to each operating system:
- Android: the dark mode option had disappeared from the app on one smartphone model, while another kept that function. However, when leaving the application, in this last device, when returning the Facebook interface it had returned to its classic presentation and the option of “dark mode” disappeared.
- iOS: It happened the same, they activated the “dark mode” in the app but when they left it and returned it was no longer working and instead the bright interface was seen again and without the possibility of finding the option in “Settings”. But, when repeating the operation of exiting and entering the application again, the “dark mode” returned.
SIGHT: How to send a message to all your WhatsApp contacts announcing that you are going to Telegram?
The specialized portal Techradar contacted Facebook and was able to get a response from the company about the issue. “We are aware that some people have trouble accessing certain features on the Facebook Android app. We are working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible”Declared the social network.
But this statement only focuses on Android devices, while it does not contemplate that the problem also occurs in Apple terminals. Engadget Mexico verified that the problem affects versions 3184.108.40.206.120 of the application on Android and 3220.127.116.11.122 (293873823) on iOS.
SIGHT: WhatsApp: How do you know if you have already accepted the new 2021 conditions? So you can know
How to recover Facebook dark mode?
- Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
- Enter the settings to check if the “dark mode” is available. If not, force the app to close.
- Enter the “Settings” app on your iPhone and look for the “Applications” section. Once inside, choose Facebook and activate the “HD video upload” and “HD photo upload” options.
- Go back to the Facebook app to check that “dark mode” is already available and activate it.
- Enter the “Settings” of the phone.
- Enter the “Applications” section and go to Facebook.
- Click on the “Storage” option and then on “Delete data” in the app.
- Log in to Facebook and check that “dark mode” is available.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Facebook Watch: how it works and what content this free streaming platform offers
- Facebook: How to export all your posts to Google Docs, WordPress or Blogger?
- Apple vs. Facebook: the new iPhone tool that tenses the dispute between two tech giants
- Facebook Introduces Carve Snowboarding and Lone Echo II Virtual Reality Video Games