USA reached 33,084,236 confirmed cases of the coronavirus and 589,216 deaths from this disease, according to the independent count from Johns Hopkins University.
SIGHT: All you need to know the latest news in the United States
This balance at 20.00 local time (00.00 GMT on Saturday) was 688 deaths more than on Thursday and 28,622 new infections.
- Florida: 11-year-old girl fights and stops a man from kidnapping her while waiting for the school bus | VIDEO
- Why has Nancy Pelosi called for a diplomatic boycott of the Olympics? winter Beijing 2022?
- Texas prohibits public schools from requiring the use of a mask
California is now the worst hit state by the pandemic with 62,860 deaths, followed by New York (53,095), Texas (51,170), Florida (36,441), Pennsylvania (26,942), New Jersey (26,070) and Illinois (24,935).
Other states with a large number of deaths are Georgia (20,637), Michigan (20,051), Ohio (19,709), Massachusetts (17,813) or Arizona (17,531).
In terms of infections, California has 3,774,916, followed by Texas with 2,939,668, third is Florida with 2,304,860 and New York is fourth with 2,092,916.
The provisional death toll -589,216- far exceeds the lower limit of the initial estimates of the White House, which in the best of cases projected between 100,000 and 240,000 deaths due to the pandemic.
US President Joe Biden has predicted that a total of more than 600,000 people in the country will die from the virus.
Regarding vaccines, some 160.1 million people (48.2% of the population) have received at least one dose, of which 126.6 million (38.1%) are already fully inoculated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
What is the coronavirus that emerged in China and how is it transmitted?
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- 4 keys that explain the record arrival of migrants from Morocco to Spain
- At least 213 Palestinians killed in Israel’s heavy bombing of Gaza
- The man the United States locked up in Guantánamo for 14 years without evidence
- Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Are War Crimes Being Committed In Gaza?
- The revealing report that the Pentagon lists everything the United States knows about UFOs
- Colombian Ambassador to Peru: “The dialogue continues, but violent actions must be repressed”