An agent of the National Police of Peru (PNP) tonight killed a subject who tried to assault him at the height of the 40th block of Av. Benavides intersection with Av. Ayacucho, in the district of Groove.
SIGHT: Ministry of Health will train 15 thousand doctors and nurses in oxygen therapy nationwide
According to Panamericana TV, two subjects aboard a linear motorcycle took advantage of the red light to assault the policeman who was traveling aboard his car in the area. However, the agent, whose identity is kept secret, shot one of the criminals in self-defense.
“At the intersection of these avenues, at 7:45 pm, under a racket mode, two alleged criminals aboard a linear motorcycle with a cloned license plate that does not correspond to the brand or characteristics of this minor vehicle, taking advantage of the red traffic light , they have taken out a firearm”, Detailed the general commander of the PNP, César Cervantes.
“He has threatened the police force, who has used his firearm and killed this criminal, (while) the other has fled”added.
SIGHT: Check here which are the vaccination centers against COVID-19 in Central, South, North, East and Callao Lima
Likewise, the PNP general commander indicated that the alleged criminal, who has not yet been identified, had a revolver supplied with six cartridges and was wearing a bulletproof vest.
“On this occasion the policeman has acted based on his own defense and has used the principles of legality, necessity and proportionality.”, Assured Cervantes.
SIGHT: Vaccine against COVID-19: more than two million Peruvians were immunized against the coronavirus
He explained that the PNP is currently applying an undercover police strategy in the districts where there are incidences of this type of crime. “The message is clear to citizens, who trust their police, that our mission is to reduce and neutralize this type of crime that affects citizen security “, he asserted.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- COVID-19: check here the dates and places of vaccination for people with mental and rare diseases
- AstraZeneca vaccine: Peru will receive one million vaccines via Covax Facility on June 4
- Coronavirus in Peru: Essalud warns of a possible third wave between August and September
- Vaccination against COVID-19 of older adults: when it will extend to more ages and other answers about the process underway
- Pongo el Hombro, COVID-19 vaccination for over 65s: check here your date and place of inoculation