The president of United States, Joe Biden, pledged to help organize efforts to “Rebuilding Gaza” and said that the creation of a Palestinian state alongside Israel is the “only answer” to the conflict.
“We need a two-state solution. It is the only solution, “said the president during a press conference at the White House on the occasion of the visit of the president of South Korea.
- Biden vows to continue his “silent diplomacy” with Israel and Palestine
- More than 20 detainees in clashes between pro-Israel and pro-Palestinians in New York
- This was the clash between the Israeli police and the Palestinians on the Esplanade of the Mosques in Jerusalem | PHOTOS
He also called on Israel to end “To fights between communities” in Jerusalem, which were at the origin of the confrontations of the last days.
“There is no change in my commitment to the security of Israel, period, no change at all.”, He stated however, adding that “There will be no peace” until the region “unequivocally” recognizes the existence of Israel.
“But I tell you how there is a change. The change is that we still need a two-state solution. It is the only answer, the only answer “the US president insisted.
The idea of a two-state solution, with a sovereign Palestinian state alongside Israel and with Jerusalem as the shared capital, has been the cornerstone of decades of international diplomacy aimed at ending the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
But American policy under the Donald Trump administration was criticized for being blatantly pro-Israel and ignoring the Palestinians.
A Middle East peace plan devised by Trump’s adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner was billed as a two-state solution.
But that plan envisioned a Palestinian state with limited sovereignty and whose security was in the hands of Israel. The proposal was flatly rejected by Palestinian leaders.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- The shocking moment when Israel bombs the headquarters tower of the AP and Al Jazeera agency in Gaza | PHOTOS AND VIDEO
- Horror in Gaza: Israeli bombing kills 8 children and 2 women from the same family
- The impressive photo showing the fight between Israel’s “Iron Dome” and Hamas missiles
- From the turnstiles to the polls: How Chilean students pushed the Constituent Assembly
- 6 maps showing how the Palestinian territory has changed in recent decades
- Who are the Israeli Arabs and what is their role in the current escalation of violence?