The National Office of Electoral Processes (ONPE) determined Saturday, June 5, as the final deadline to process the request for excuses and justifications for absences, so as not to hold the position of table member in the second round of the Peru General Elections of 2021.
SIGHT: ONPE: check here your polling place for the second round on June 6
This is established by Chief Resolution No. 000114-2021-JN / ONPE, published this Saturday in an extraordinary edition of the Legal Regulations bulletin of the Official Gazette El Peruano.
Likewise, it extended for the second round of June 6, the validity of the excuses to the position of member of the polling station and the justifications for not attending the installation of the voting table that were granted by the ONPE.
It is also proposed to enable a deadline for submitting new excuse requests to the position of board member and justification for non-attendance at the installation of the voting table.
SIGHT: Second Round of Elections 2021: ONPE and the new voting schedule it proposes for older adults
“This is because it is predictable that, after the election day of April 11, 2021, there have been supervening events that suppose that the people elected to assume the position of member of the polling station are prevented from exercising the aforementioned position and / or go to the installation of the voting table on the day of June 6, 2021 “, points out the norm.
It should be noted that those who can request this exception are those who belong to groups at risk of contagion of COVID-19. The procedure can be carried out through a virtual platform enabled by the ONPE.
In addition, specify that the fines established for those who, without excuse, do not comply with their duty of being table members, amount to 220 soles.
Who can make excuses?
- If you are a vulnerable population against COVID-19, the following are considered:
- Over 65 years old.
- People with high blood pressure.
- People with diabetes.
- People with obesity with a BMI greater than or equal to 40 and have cardiovascular diseases.
- People with a chronic lung disease.
- People with cancer.
- People in a state of immunosuppression established by a health authority.
- Pregnant women or nursing mothers.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Elections 2021: ONPE approved the media plan for the electoral strip of the second round
- Elections 2021: what are the security protocols that the ONPE updated for the second round?
- ONPE: At what time will the first results of the second electoral round be known?
- Who are the possible Andean parliamentarians for the period 2021-2026?