Mexico reported 311 new deaths from covid-19 In the last 24 hours, which reached a total of 219,901 deaths, in addition to 3,632 infections that bring confirmed cases to 2,375,115, the Ministry of Health reported this Thursday.
SIGHT: The Mexican Caribbean receives thousands of tourists to reactivate the economy despite the fear of a coronavirus wave
With this data, Mexico It is the fourth country in the world with the most deaths from covid-19, behind the United States, Brazil and India, and the fifteenth in number of confirmed infections, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- “I came because we didn’t have anything to eat”: From Guatemala to the US, the lonely odyssey of an immigrant child
- Mexico: woman dies while being subdued by police in Tulum, Quintana Roo | VIDEO
- Mexico would have more than 320,000 deaths from coronavirus, recognizes the Government
However, the real data may be higher, since the Government itself recognized on April 20 in the updated report of “Excess Mortality in Mexico” that the deaths associated with covid-19 are just over 332,500 after an analysis of death certificates.
Since the beginning of the health emergency, Mexico has studied 6.81 million patients, informed the head of Health Promotion of Mexico, Ricardo Cortés Alcalá, at a press conference.
He specified that the number of estimated cases is 2,561,884 when considering those awaiting the test result, among which there are 18,836 estimated active cases, that is, less than 1%, who have presented symptoms in the last 14 days.
In addition, it reported 1,895,483 people in the country who are considered recovered after having suffered from the disease.
It was also reported that the average occupancy of general beds in Mexican hospitals is 11% and 14% in terms of intensive care beds with a respirator, which represents an 84% decrease compared to the last peak registered in January.
With regard to deaths, Mexico City, the focus of the pandemic, accumulates 19.3% of all deaths nationwide, that is, almost one in every five deaths.
At the conference, it was explained that to this day 21,986,456 doses of the vaccine against covid-19 have been administered, 375,831 during Wednesday.
In addition, it was reported that a total of 9,861,173 people have received the necessary doses to complete the vaccination schedule.
For now, the vaccination program includes adults over 60 years of age, adults between 50 and 59 years old, a part of pregnant women, medical personnel and part of the educational personnel.
This Thursday, Mexico received 585,000 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and since December 23 has received 28,925,575 doses from five pharmaceutical companies.
With 126 million inhabitants, Mexico has committed 34.4 million doses of the American vaccine Pfizer, 79.4 million of the British AstraZeneca, 35 million of the Chinese CanSino, 24 million of the Russian Sputnik V, 20 million of the Chinese Sinovac, 12 million of the also China Sinopharm and 51.4 million from the Covax platform.
What is and how the coronavirus that emerged in China is transmitted
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- They arrest 30 soldiers accused of forced disappearance in Mexico
- Colombia: Relatives break into hospital and “steal” body of a patient killed by coronavirus | VIDEO
- “Poverty in Ecuador has increased alarmingly”: 4 urgent challenges that Guillermo Lasso must face
- Japan decides to dump processed water from the Fukushima nuclear power plant into the Pacific
- The shocking moment when a drug dealer kills a policeman at a traffic control