Several incidents were recorded outside the Casa del Maestro, located at the intersection of Washington avenues and Paseo Colón, between supporters and detractors of the presidential candidate of Peru Libre. Pedro Castillo.
SIGHT: Elections 2021: Pedro Castillo held a virtual meeting with scientists led by Modesto Montoya
As reported by Canal N, the events began when a group of opponents of Castillo Terrones arrived at said premises with posters, where the presidential candidate has been holding a meeting for two hours.
At that time they engaged in a verbal duel with the majority of the followers of Peru Libre, without major incidents. Minutes later, the atmosphere worsened after a confrontation between two supporters of both sides.
With posters with the phrases “Communism, Venezuela”, “Castle, misery” Y “Outside Castle”, Pedro Castillo’s detractors dispersed through Plaza Grau, after the arrival of a contingent of the National Police (PNP).
It should be noted that the place is guarded by a group of graduates of the Armed Forces related to the presidential candidate of Free Peru. Despite some confrontations, the incident did not progress.
Keiko Fujimori responds about debate
The presidential candidate of Fuerza Popular, Keiko Fujimori, assured that she will wait for Castillo Terrones this Saturday at 3:00 pm. outside the Santa Mónica prison in the Chorrillos district to debate.
In statements to journalists from Breña, he reported that this Wednesday he will announce the five topics of the debate, as well as the methodology, through the press.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- The JNE urges Pedro Castillo and Keiko Fujimori to reach an agreement to debate
- Pedro Castillo considers that “technical teams are part of the past, part of the distribution”
- Elections 2021: In which provinces did the new allies of Pedro Castillo and Keiko Fujimori win? | Interactive
- Controversial challenges between Pedro Castillo and Keiko Fujimori around the presidential debate
- Elections 2021: the additions and subtractions of the anti-vote of Keiko Fujimori and Pedro Castillo