Uruguay added this Friday 60 deaths with a diagnosis of coronavirus covid-19 and it reached 3,032 since the health emergency was decreed on March 13, 2020, according to the daily report of the National Emergency System (Sinae).
MIRA: Everything you need to know about the news in Uruguay
Today’s deaths were of people between 24 and 98 years old and the department (province) most affected was Montevideo, registering 23 of the 60 deaths.
- Uruguay extends measures to “shield April” at the worst moment of the coronavirus pandemic
- Uruguay registers more deaths from coronavirus in 6 days in April than in all of 2020
- Uruguay registers the second consecutive day with 45 deaths from coronavirus and the total rises to 1,190 deaths
In addition, 2,701 new cases were detected during the day after 12,870 tests had been processed.
Of the new cases registered, Montevideo was the one that added the most with 1,215, followed by a distance by Canelones (south) with 426.
In this way, Uruguay now accumulates 216,146 cases of covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic -on March 13, 2020- of which 25,961 are people who are studying the disease, 537 of these admitted to intensive treatment centers.
According to the daily report presented by the Uruguayan Society of Intensive Care Medicine, at this time 76.5% of the 1,017 beds in the aforementioned centers are occupied and 55.3% of these are due to coronavirus cases.
Meanwhile, 17 of the 19 departments are in the red zone according to the Harvard index, accumulating more than 25 cases per 100,000 inhabitants in the last seven days.
The most affected is Salto (north) with 112.10 index, followed by Tacuarembó (center) with 112.14.
The two that entered the orange zone this Friday were Flores (west) with 22.1 and Lavalleja (east) with 24.45, while the country has an index of 72.39.
Regarding vaccination, at 19:02 this Friday (22:02 GMT) 1,228,880 people have been inoculated with the first dose from the Chinese pharmaceutical companies Sinovac, the Anglo-Swedish AstraZeneca and the American Pfizer, and 772,072 with the second from Pfizer or Sinovac.
Therefore, the two million doses applied have already been exceeded and, to date, 35.05% of the population has the first dose and 22.02% the second.
What is the coronavirus that emerged in China and how is it transmitted?
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Priest tears off masks from faithful in Honduras; is a “bullshit”, says | VIDEO
- Chile announces the purchase of 1.8 million vaccines against the coronavirus of a dose to the Chinese CanSino
- An impeccable president with a “magnificent legacy”: what is the new Donald Trump website like
- “I came because we didn’t have anything to eat”: From Guatemala to the US, the lonely odyssey of an immigrant child
- Alarming overcrowding at the main detention center for migrant children in the US | PHOTOS
- The “hunger lines” return to Europe due to the coronavirus; They didn’t look the same since WWII