Venezuela this Sunday reached 200,067 confirmed infections of the covid-19 since the pandemic began, after adding 1,202 new cases of this disease in the last 24 hours, informed the Minister of Health, Carlos Alvarado.
MIRA: Everything you need to know about the news in Venezuela
“In the last 24 hours we have had 1,202 new cases, all of them of community origin, of community transmission,” said Alvarado when offering the daily balance of the cases together with the vice president, Delcy Rodríguez.
- “They weren’t guerrillas”, refugees in Colombia denounce executions of civilians in Venezuela
- For saturation, Venezuelan health personnel pray for patients hospitalized for coronavirus
- Venezuela: Two NTN24 journalists released after more than 24 hours in detention
The minister indicated that these 1,202 cases were registered in 20 states of the country, and detailed that the five entities with the most infections are Yaracuy (center) with 212, Miranda (center) with 173, Zulia (northwest) with 133, Sucre (northeast) with 116 and Capital District with 103.
It also reported 17 new deaths in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of deaths from this disease to 2,172.
Alvarado briefly referred to the behavior of the covid-19 during this week and said that on average there were 1,221 daily cases and that compared to last week there was an increase of 3%.
“We have a weekly incidence of 26 cases per 100,000 inhabitants”, added.
For her part, the vice president indicated that during May they will continue “Deepening“The vaccination process and recalled that for this next week there are seven days of “Radical quarantine”, according to the system applied by the Government to combat infections.
Venezuela has been applying a system of flexibility and confinement for months that consists of seven days of partial opening, followed by another seven of closing.
The Executive plans to achieve the vaccination against covid-19 of 70% of the population this year, although at the moment there are no exact figures of how the process is progressing.
The country, of approximately 30 million inhabitants, has reached, so far, 880,000 vaccines, 380,000 from the Russian Sputnik V and 500,000 from the Chinese Sinopharm.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Priest tears off masks from faithful in Honduras; is a “bullshit”, says | VIDEO
- Chile announces the purchase of 1.8 million vaccines against the coronavirus of a dose to the Chinese CanSino
- An impeccable president with a “magnificent legacy”: what is the new Donald Trump website like
- “I came because we didn’t have anything to eat”: From Guatemala to the US, the lonely odyssey of an immigrant child
- Alarming overcrowding at the main detention center for migrant children in the US | PHOTOS
- The “hunger lines” return to Europe due to the coronavirus; They didn’t look the same since WWII