The women’s team of Barcelona qualified for the final of the Women’s Champions League by overcoming this Sunday to PSG at the Johan Cruyff stadium. However, the great triumph of the Catalans was overshadowed by the absence of the club’s president, Joan Laporta, who was in Valencia with the first men’s team.
SIGHT: Lionel Messi organized a meal at his home for the Barcelona players
This Monday, the coach of the women’s team Barcelona, Lluís Cortés, has revealed, in the ‘Què t’hi jugues’ of Cadena SER, that Laporta apologized to the footballers. The culé coach indicated that everything is about the health protocols that the institution is complying with.
“Laporta and Yuste apologized the day before. They had the game in Valencia and it is also normal. The men’s team is playing a lot of things. It is impossible for them to be everywhere, the calendar of the sections is full of commitments “, Cortés explained.
The Barça captain, Vicky Losada spoke in ‘El Món a RAC 1’, and assured that the president of Barcelona is committed to the development of women’s football.
“Laporta came to the Ciutat Esportiva expressly, we know we have his support. We are in constant contact with the president. He asked us for forgiveness, he is a person with whom you can speak with confidence and we are sure that we will live great moments with him “, he stated.
The end of the UEFA Women’s Champions League will be disputed between the Barcelona y Chelsea next May 16 in Goteborg. The Catalans qualified for this stage of the championship for the second time in the last three years.
MORE IN DT …
- Hakimi after winning Serie A champion: “For now, neither Zidane nor Florentino have congratulated me”
- Neymar: “I will do everything possible to help come back, even if it is necessary to die in the field”
- Lionel Messi organized a meal at his home for the Barcelona players
- Everton’s proposal to try to close the signing of Sergio Agüero
- Varane will miss the return between Real Madrid and Chelsea in the Champions League due to injury