Argentina registered 22,420 new cases of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, bringing the total number of positives to 2,977,363, while deaths rose to 63,865, after 357 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours.
The number of infections and deaths known today marks a decrease compared to those reported this Thursday, when 26,053 cases were reported and the daily record of 561 deaths.
- Argentina produces the first batch of the Russian Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19
- Downtown Buenos Aires agonizes over the coronavirus pandemic | PHOTOS
- The Argentine laboratory Richmond celebrates the “milestone” of producing the Russian vaccine Sputnik V against the coronavirus
Argentina registered a daily record of positives on April 16, with 29,472 infections.
In the province of Buenos Aires 10,470 cases were reported this Friday, while in the capital of Argentina 2,721 positives were registered.
According to the daily report published by the Argentine Ministry of Health, there are 2,634,306 patients who have already been discharged, while 5,369 people with a confirmed diagnosis of covid-19 remain admitted to intensive care units, 52 more than Yesterday.
The percentage of occupancy of intensive care beds for all types of pathologies is 69.1% nationwide, but 77.9% if only Buenos Aires and its populous periphery are considered.
So far, in Argentina 11.1 million tests have been carried out to detect the virus, of which 84,215 were carried out this Friday.
Argentina has been going through a vertiginous increase in covid-19 cases for almost a month, with a growing level of occupancy of beds in intensive care units.
In view of this scenario, restrictions on nocturnal circulation in areas of high epidemiological and sanitary risk and other measures have been in force since last day 9, which the Government of Alberto Fernández later decreed to extend in Buenos Aires and its periphery, and which were extended today until next May 21.
The Executive ordered that throughout the country, group trips, social gatherings of more than ten people and attendance at work of people with risk factors are suspended.
And that in the “alert” areas, mainly in the city of Buenos Aires and its periphery, it will only be possible to circulate from 20 to 6, public transport is restricted to essential personnel, shopping centers are kept closed and sports are prohibited. group, among other measures, which include the suspension of face-to-face classes.
While facing the onslaught of the second wave of covid-19, Argentina, with a population of about 45 million inhabitants, continues with its vaccination campaign against the coronavirus, which began at the end of last December.
According to the latest official data, 7,950,437 doses have been applied so far.
A total of 6,990,619 people received the first dose of the vaccine, while 959,818 people were already inoculated with the second dose.
According to official sources, a new batch of 765,545 doses of component 1 of the Russian Sputnik V vaccine arrived in Argentina on Friday night, bringing the southern country to 11,698,145 doses from different suppliers.
What is and how is the Coronavirus that emerged in China transmitted?
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- What is behind the successful vaccination process against the coronavirus in Chile that dazzles the world?
- Bolivia: 4 months of preventive detention against former president Jeanine Áñez for “coup d’état” case
- Paraguay goes back with restrictions against the coronavirus and suspends face-to-face classes
- The Sao Paulo hospital where there is not even an ICU bed left and that looks like a scene of war due to the coronavirus
- Without strategy or leadership: Why Brazil has “the worst of the worst possible scenarios” in the pandemic