This Friday, the Afghan authorities reported at least 25 dead and 60 wounded as a result of an attack with a vehicle loaded with explosives that occurred in the east of Afghanistan, the attack also caused buildings to collapse and damaged the main hospital in the area. At the moment, no group jihadist has claimed the fact.
SIGHT: The United States orders the removal of non-essential personnel from its embassy in Kabul due to threats
”The powerful explosion has damaged and destroyed houses in an area of up to one kilometer. Most of the dead are found under the ruins. We have about 25 people dead and more than 60 injured”Said Hasibullah Stanekzai, chairman of the Logar Provincial Council, where the attack took place.
- Peruvians in Taliban territory: two stories of compatriots who worked as private security agents in Afghanistan
- US warns of “tragedy” if Taliban resume violence
- US Says Al Qaeda Threat in Afghanistan Has “Significantly Lowered”
Stanekzai also claimed that the provincial hospital was partially damaged by the explosion.
“Some of the patients who were in the hospital beds have also been injured“, lament.
SIGHT: How 10 years after his death Osama Bin Laden remains an icon of jihad
Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said in a statement that the death toll “it could increase because several rooftops have collapsed on people, students and pedestrians”.
The explosion took place around 7:00 p.m. local time in Pul-i-Alam, the capital of the province of LawgarArian specified.
SIGHT: Many doubts and a lot of risk: a former CIA chief tells how the operation was to find Osama Bin Laden
“The explosion took place in a residential area and near a hospital, causing casualties among civilians. The security forces are in the area to control the situation and respond to the needs”Added the Interior spokesperson.
Dr. Samar Gul Samar, the head of the Logar Public Health Directorate, explained to EFE that several doctors from the provincial hospital were also injured. The explosion has forced medical personnel to treat patients between broken glass.
Acting Health Minister Wahidullah Majroh stated in a short statement that “Ten ambulances have been dispatched from Kabul to Logar to evacuate the injured and all Kabul hospitals are ready to treat the injured”.
At the moment, no insurgent group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
This event took place while USA It is preparing to begin the withdrawal of its troops from this country as of Saturday, a process that will culminate towards the twentieth anniversary of the September 11 attack, a delay of five months with respect to the initially scheduled date.
The American President, Joe Biden, announced two weeks ago the decision to withdraw its nearly 3,500 troops from Afghanistan, at the same time that NATO allies will withdraw their nearly 7,000 military personnel.
USA and the Taliban insurgent formation reached a historic agreement in Doha last year on the withdrawal of US troops from the Asian country, which allowed the start of the stalled intra-Afghan peace negotiations underway in Doha in September.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Coronavirus: Bill Gates’ forecast on when and how it will return to normal
- “In the 70s Venezuela was modernity”: 3 Colombians who emigrated decades ago and do not want to return (despite the crisis)
- How aggressive is the Indian variant of coronavirus and why we know so little about it
- North Miami Beach will no longer vaccinate tourists for free against the coronavirus, as offered by its mayor
- The situation in India due to the coronavirus is “more than heartbreaking”, warns the WHO
- Israel beats the coronavirus: detects only 38 cases in a day, the lowest number in a year