TikTok may not be the first place you think of when you need a recipe, but to deny that there may be interesting cuisine on that social network would be to sin of blindness boomer. In addition to the usual videos of jokes, dances, playbacks or reactions, the contents about food have a hole there, and nothing negligible: they form one of the most popular and fastest growing categories. TikTok is already capable of skyrocket consumption of certain foods, as happened with feta in January when the recipe for pasta with tomato and this baked Greek cheese went viral.
It has not been the only preparation that has hit it in this network, where they have also triumphed wrap three-layered, the cereals pancakes or the extra crunchy fries. Are they worth trying? That is exactly what today’s Comidistest tries to answer, in which we tested all four and discovered that some do … and others, not so much. You have everything in the video above, and in case you start preparing them at home, the formulas written here below.
PASTA WITH FETA AND BAKED TOMATO
- 450 g short pasta
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 200 g of feta cheese
- 125 ml olive oil
- A handful of basil leaves
- Half chilli
- Black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Pour a little of the oil in the bottom of a baking dish, place the block of feta cheese on top and add the chopped chilli.
- Add the rest of the oil and the tomatoes around the cheese. Stir the tomatoes to mix with the oil.
- Bake 15 minutes at 200 degrees. Then 10 more minutes at 225 degrees on the grill.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Mix the pasta with the tomatoes and the feta. Finish with chopped basil.
This is more of a hack than a recipe, and there are hundreds of versions on TikTok. It can be made with the ingredients with which you like the most.
For 1 wrap
- A burrito tortilla (made of wheat flour)
- 4 different types of chopped ingredients (fried bacon strips, grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, etc.).
- Any sauce (mayonnaise, ranchera, etc.)
- Salt and pepper
- Make a cut in the tortilla that goes from the center to the right.
- Imagine four rooms and put an ingredient in each one.
- Dress with the sauce, salt and pepper.
- Fold the omelette as seen in the video and toast it on both sides until golden brown.
Those in this recipe or any other pancake recipe.
- Make the dough following this recipe for pancakes or the one you like the most.
- Put it in a kitchen bottle.
- Put a frying pan on the fire and, when hot, make miniature pancakes the size of a coin as seen in the video above.
- Serve with honey, syrup and butter or take them with milk as if they were cereals.
EXTRACRESSIVE FRENCH FRIES
- Small potatoes
- Sunflower oil
- Oyster sauce
- Ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Peel and cut the potatoes as seen in the video above.
- With the help of skewer sticks that serve as a stop, make some superficial cuts vertically and, on the other side, diagonally.
- Heat abundant oil in a frying pan or casserole. Fry the potatoes over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- While browning, prepare a sauce by adding oyster sauce, pepper and chopped parsley to a mayonnaise to taste.
- Salt the potatoes, put a little more chopped parsley on top, and serve with the sauce to spread.