USA this Saturday reached 32,040,606 confirmed cases of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and 571,910 deaths from covid-19 disease, according to the independent count from Johns Hopkins University.
SIGHT: All you need to know the latest news in the United States
This balance, at 8:00 p.m. local time (00:00 GMT on Sunday), is 801 more deaths than on Friday and 54,231 new infections.
- The coronavirus “seems to have disappeared” in Miami, with thousands of tourists filling its beaches and streets
- US authorities announce that those vaccinated against the coronavirus can meet without a mask
- Biden anticipates that the United States will be able to return to normality at Christmas
California is now the state in the country hardest hit by the pandemic with 61,440 deaths, followed by New York (51,951), Texas (49,921), Florida (34,812), Pennsylvania (25,963), New Jersey (25,367) and Illinois (24,114).
Other states with a large number of deaths are Georgia (19,973), Ohio (19,122), Michigan (18,409), Massachusetts (17,544) or Arizona (17,260).
In terms of infections, California has 3,730,658, followed by Texas with 2,872,400, third is Florida with 2,203,913 and New York is fourth with 2,027,029.
The provisional death toll, which stands at 571,910, far exceeds the lower limit of the initial estimates of the White House, which in the best of cases projected between 100,000 and 240,000 deaths from the pandemic.
US President Joe Biden has predicted that a total of more than 600,000 people in the country will die from the virus.
For its part, the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluations (IHME) of the University of Washington, whose models for predicting the evolution of the pandemic are often set by the White House, estimates that by August 1 they will have died precisely about 600,000 people.
As far as vaccines are concerned, some 138.6 million people (41.8% of the US population) have received at least one dose, of which 93 million (28%) are already fully inoculated, according to the Centers. of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
What is the coronavirus that emerged in China and how is it transmitted?
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- They arrest 30 soldiers accused of forced disappearance in Mexico
- Colombia: Relatives break into hospital and “steal” body of a patient killed by coronavirus | VIDEO
- “Poverty in Ecuador has increased alarmingly”: 4 urgent challenges that Guillermo Lasso must face
- Japan decides to dump processed water from the Fukushima nuclear power plant into the Pacific
- The shocking moment when a drug dealer kills a policeman at a traffic control